BANG GUY HELP...PODS!!! infestation?

emonemo

So i had a problem. My heater jambed in the ALWAYS on position and water got to 87* killing my singapore behind all the rock. I couldnt get him out and the levels spiked BAD. Corals closed and all that nasty stuff.
I took emergency action and the levels are back to
temp 79.5-80.9 night-day
ph 8.2
amonia 0
ite 0
ate 15-20
Im using chemi pure in my filtration.
I have red culerpa, and chaeto growin anchored by live rock.
Lots of pourus live rock.
In the tank 20g tank i have a juvi maroon clown.
THE QUESTION IS:
I noticed since the levels are back to normal that all my corals have opened back up and are growing fast. BUT there seems to be a rediculously fast growth in the population of all these tiny little pods EVERYWHERE. There are so many that they are all over the place even with full lights on durring the day. Is there such thing as a POD infestation? What measures should I take???
I also have those little black mud snails. About 10-15 that are laying eggs sacks on the glass. Could these little things be larvae? Should i dump these snails? I heard they are a borderline pest... (after i got em)...
Anybody please!!!!

scsinet

IME, this is just a consequence of your tank's chemistry settling back in... new tank syndrome all over again.
Once whatever nutrient is making the population explode is consumed, they'll be gone again.

emonemo

yeah the angel was a good 3inches long so when it died and the bristleworms and crabs started tearing it apart that probably put a bunch of stuff in the water.
my -ites spiked HUGE and my -ates were at 60-80. I think im lucky my maroon kept with it. My xenias wouldnt open.My mushrooms looked like they were "throwing up" zoas would not open. Frogspawn shrunk, and my galaxea got really thin.
they are all starting to recover.
since my levels are back, how long do you guys think this type of recovery takes?

emonemo

I tried but the cam gets too blury. I just saw a few of the 1/8 inch type. thats kinda big no? its "hind end" kinda curled under it a bit and it had a thick body. there is another type ive been seeing, the majority of em, flat, wide in the front and it narrows towards the back. like 8 little legs on each side that go outward. there must be like 75 or so climbing on the back glass alone. its a 20g. any ideas what they might be?
thank god i havent seen any with the giant eyes..

emonemo

i could probably ship out some of my chaeto thats in the tank. it is sure to have a good start amount for you.

viper_930

True, but that's impossible for them to afford to ship one 12 buck order out and still offer free overnight shipping.