BangGuy or any one who used premium live keys sand from here...

clarkiiboi

Bang you mentioned it in another thread to help replenish their sandbed. Anyone know if there are unwanted critters to look out for or does it seem to be safe. Anyones experience appreciated. How you went about adding it after your tank has been cycled and establish would be great also, I need a refresher course on that. Thanks again. :D

bang guy

Fortunately, unlike live rock, sand bed predators are easy to catch & stand out in the sand.
Hermits crabs, Nemertea Worms, and Buccinid Whelks make up the most common sand bed predators.

clarkiiboi

I was hoping it would be a sure bet. I dont know what the worms or the whelks you mentioned look like---got any pics? Do you suggest adding it and then look for the unwanted critters, or if you happen to have a spare tank sitting around (like I do) to add to that, remove unwanteds (if any) and then place in the main tank? Seems the later would be better. I am in no hurry to add any sand. I think I answered my own question
That, to me, sounds better plus I could add a little at a time. Anyways, is that common? Have you bought any? Thanks again Bang :)

bang guy

They are very obvious. Do a search on Buccinid or Whelk. There are lots of pictures. Nemertea worms are large. 12" -12 feet. hard to miss in 40 pounds of sand.
Bang