Beautiful FourLine Wrasse

wodave

I had it for 3 weeks, and I am willing to sell it because my tank is just too big for such a small fish. I think it is a waste to keep it in a big tank because it gets lost in there. It has some really nice colors(much more than 6 line), and would be a perfect addition for a smaller tank. It is a rare fish so the prize I paid was high.
Prize - $100
Location - River Grove, IL
Please let me know if anyone is interested.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

ledzep fan

Got any pics? I have a 12 gallon nano reef and I think he would be perfect in there. Is he safe with corals?

wodave

I will try to get a pic of it... Yes he is safe with corals, prefect for a reef tank. Hopefully I'll post a pic shortly...

wodave

Unfortunitly it is not easy to take a picture of mine. But I can assure you that it looks exactly the same as this one:

ledzep fan

Thats awesome! 100 dollars is a bit much for me though. If you work on the price I will consider it. I would really love him though. How big is it?

ledzep fan

Im sorry, 85 dollars for a 1 inch fish is just ridiculas (no offense) He is gorgeous and all but I cant do it. If it was a lower price I probably wouyld do it. If you were to lower the price more maybe you would get more replies.
~LedZep fan

wodave

This is how much it is for at Leaving Sea Aquarium/ORD. I don't want to loose my money on this, so if you don't want it it's fine. Like I said before it's a rare fish and expensive one. I mentioned the price in my first post, so if you didn't want to spend that much why would you be even interested in buying it? If I mentioned $100, you should know right away that I won't sell it for $50. If there is no one who is interested then I'll just keep it.

ledzep fan

That fish does not look rare and expensive.
It looks like a regular six line to me. If you are going to ask people 100 dollars for that small of a fish you are just wasting your time.

ryanhayes9

actually I loked over the internet and cannot find a lot if any sites selling 4 line wrasses. also i have never seen one at my lfs which carries many rare fish. it is a BEAUTIFUL fish and i would love to have it but 100 is tolo much for me.
this is taken from another site
The Four Line Wrasse is a beautiful fish but is quite secretive, shy and quick... making it a difficult fish to collect!

ppurcell

Interesting thread.
I have had a fourline green wrasse in my display for a couple of months now.
Personally, I don't know what size tank it would be "too small" for since it is a very active fish. I don't find mine to be secretive at all, more often than not it follows my every move hoping that I'm going to feed it. When it isn't watching me, it is searching every nook and cranny in the tank looking for something tasty.
It is territorial, when I added a yellow watchman goby the wrasse nearly killed it before I could get it out of the tank and into my refugium.
IMO the fish is quite a bit more attractive than the typical 6 line and I would recommend them for anyone interested in a small, active and interesting fish.
All that being said, my fish is about 3.0" lip to tail and I paid a whopping $39.00 for it at a local fish store, so they can be had for less than a hundred bucks; I'm afraid you are another in a long line of folks who have been overcharged by that particular store. So why not just keep it? It's an awesome fish.
EDIT: as a matter of fact, this fine website sells them for $39.99 +shipping for a 2" fish when they have them in stock (which they don't right now)...

wodave

Wow now we have a discoussion going on...
Yes I know they overcharged me, but I couldn't find it anywhere else.
Yes it is a nice fish, but it usually stays by the rocks and it is hard to find it in my tank. In my opinion it would be a great addition to a smaller tank.
Yes I want to sell it, but if no one is interested to pay $85(this is what I paid) I will keep it.
*it is about 2", not 1" - it just looks so small next to my other fish
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!!

ledzep fan

Originally Posted by Wodave
Wow now we have a discoussion going on...
Yes I know they overcharged me, but I couldn't find it anywhere else.
Yes it is a nice fish, but it usually stays by the rocks and it is hard to find it in my tank. In my opinion it would be a great addition to a smaller tank.
Yes I want to sell it, but if no one is interested to pay $85(this is what I paid) I will keep it.
*it is about 2", not 1" - it just looks so small next to my other fish
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!!

So let me get this straight, you bought it for 85 dollars? Now you are trying to rip other people off by giving them a higher price? Thats it is really horrid trick you are trying to play. Good luck with your fish( unlike anyone will buy it)

bennyhill

That look like a six line wrasse. Item # Description Price Qty Add
CN-76307 SW - Six Line Wrasse (Fiji)$ 18.99
CN-80366 SW - Six Line Wrasse (Indo Pacific) $ 16.99*
CN-24066 SW - Six Line Wrasse (Fiji) $ 18.99*
Are the prices you can get this fish for..
Very nice fish that you have anyways

30-xtra high

lol, although i think the guy with the fourline is bein a jerk, i gotta giv it to him that it is a fourline and not a six, just count the lines on his, then count the lines on yours.