Begin The Bashing!!!!!!

bigred

I have a 180 FOWLOR with a Naso, Sailfin, Hippo, Majestic Angel, Maroon Clown, and 4 Racoon Butterflies. Lets see what everyone thinks. Also have 7 Fire Shrimp, 2 Brittle stars, 30 Snails, 30 Hermits, 2 inch DSB, and about 175 lbs of rock. I have a 240 gal wet-dry filter and 2 402 powerheads. I'll post pics tomorrow when the lights come on.

Impressive fish list. You got decent filteration, but I am guessing you will have problems with water quality in the future.

ryebread

It doesn't sound too terrible to me......I have seen systems overstocked far more than yours that have run fine for long periods of time. Time will tell with your system I guess. Depending on how often you do water changes, you might be able to pull that off for a while......I personally think that the school of Racoon's need more room to roam though.
Are you feeling guilty or something? Just wondering why you would be looking for flames.....I guess some folks just need to live on the edge right?

cadbury

I agree as well, I think your ok for the time being, as long as you keep up with your water changes. Just know that you will have to rid of them at some point, just like the rest of us......
First time I actually seen someone beg for punishment, well, maybe not the first time? ;)

T

thomas712

If you are truly looking for flames then go somewhere else. Flames here on this board will be deleted and could result in the close of this thread.
That being said, heck yeah lets see some pics of that tank. I really like the part about the 2 inch sandbed which would be refered to as a SSB not a DSB.
Got a protien skimmer on that beast?
Thomas

bigred

Here's a pic of the whole tank. I did this post because if I would have just ask and what do you think people would have bashed me. So I beat them to the punch and they didn't like that. LOL There is so much more action in my tank now with the Racoons. The only bad thing was I had to take my Koran out. He started attacking everyone after I added the first Racoon. I put him in one of my display tanks for sale.
As of a skimmer, I just pull it off my other tank and put it on for about 2-4 days a month.

neutronics

I don't really understand why u need 4 racoon butterflies.
Just make sure the water quality is maintained at excellent state all the time or disaster will strike.
I would rather have a mixture of big and small fishes in the tank. Good luck ;)

imo

Thats nothing. My local fish store has a 6" foxface, 8" lionfish, 3 8" black tip sharks all in their 40 gallon display. I've spent a long time in front of that tank and I don't think that the lion can even turn around with all the rock in there.

bioreefer

Right on BIG RED !!!!! 4 is a little much but I do not see any one with butterflies I think maybe that peple do not have the guts to do betterflies. I just see a bunch of tangs and other easy fish. my tank is a little to agressive for those fish. but I have a friend of mine that has done every butterfly in in the trait. so if you have any questions about them let me know I will ask him. he done butterflies for about 15 years. the guy knows his stuff about betterflies no lie about that.

fshhub

3 x 8" black tips in a 40?
that one i find hard to believe, but i guess that some people are so tupid they do not even see the obvious. I mean, if the lion(same size) does not have room to turn, swimmers like them surely can't. That one should be obvious to even the most inane fools.

Originally posted by bioReefer
Right on BIG RED !!!!! 4 is a little much but I do not see any one with butterflies I think maybe that peple do not have the guts to do betterflies. I just see a bunch of tangs and other easy fish. my tank is a little to agressive for those fish. but I have a friend of mine that has done every butterfly in in the trait. so if you have any questions about them let me know I will ask him. he done butterflies for about 15 years. the guy knows his stuff about betterflies no lie about that.

Uhhh, since when were tangs considered easy fish? :confused:

bioreefer

IMO tangs are on the easy side. I don't know what you have but might be harder for you to keep. I am not tring to take a shot at you by the way. I find them easy

bigred

LOL Frying. IMO I think tangs such as Nasos, Hippos, Sailfins, and Purple Tangs are pretty simple. As for Powder Brown and Powder Blues Tangs thats a different story. I believe they're tuff to keep. I don't know much about the other tangs. As for Butterflies, these are my first. I got them for free so I'll take the chance.