Best saltwater fish book

btrs

Hey guys, I made this thread so you can post your favourite saltwater aquarium book. One that covers EVERYTHING. Fish, corals,clams,inverts, etc.

ak_reefer

I think reading a couple of books will help cover the majority of questions you have been posting. Some of the books I have that I have found very useful are:
The Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner (also have seen him speak several times)
Aquarium Corals by Eric Borneman
Marine Fishes, Reef Fishes, and Invertebrates(3 books) by Scott Michael
Are a couple to look into. I have all of them plus several others in my collection.
Sent from the great beyond via Tapatalk 2.5!!

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTRS http:///t/395603/best-saltwater-fish-book#post_3522460
For the Scott Michael books, whats the difference with marine and reef fishes
Reef safe fish (reef fishes) are fish that will live in harmony with corals and the reef inverts. Marine fish are the ones that need a fish only tank with no corals, since they may eat the corals, and inverts...and sometimes other fish.

E

eric b 125

BTRS, good on you for asking the questions that you are asking. Reading through the threads on this forum and also asking questions made this hobby a lot easier to understand for me. That being said, take it easy and do the research. I know there's a lot of information and I remember wanting to know everything right away. If keeping a saltwater aquarium is something you are interested in then my advice to you is to get a handle on the basics first