Best starfish around!!

latinlord

Hey alll I just had to plug what I think is the best and most entertaining starfish around... Honestly... i'v had this guy for months, he is hardy and the fastest moving star fish i'm ever seen...
It is a bahama starfish!! I recommend him to anyone... I definitely will get more when I get a chance...
{EDIT LINK - out of respect to the owner and operator of SWF, please do not post links to other stores, thanks
}

ophiura

This is a Bahama star:
Not reef safe
Predatory
And get to at least a foot across.
I definitely do not recommend them for most tanks :) However they are relatively easy to keep are quite beautiful.

aquaknight

And unforunately for us Floridans, illegal to collect because of too many idiots would dry them and hang 'em in their house. The Aquarium trade wouldn't make the slightest dent. Same reason we can't collect sea fans...
[/rant]

aquaknight

Originally Posted by ophiura
http:///forum/post/3095592
This is a Bahama star:
Not reef safe
Predatory
And get to at least a foot across.
I definitely do not recommend them for most tanks :) However they are relatively easy to keep are quite beautiful.
And unforunately for us Floridans, illegal to collect because of too many idiots would dry them and hang 'em in their house
. The Aquarium trade wouldn't make the slightest dent. Same reason we can't collect sea fans...
[/rant]

jackri

Ummm no way in HE "double hockey sticks" that thing would touch either of my tanks. Glad you like yours though!

ophiura

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3095612
And unforunately for us Floridans, illegal to collect because of too many idiots would dry them and hang 'em in their house
. The Aquarium trade wouldn't make the slightest dent. Same reason we can't collect sea fans...
[/rant]

Exceedingly true - also with Linckia, Protoreaster (chocolate chip) and sand sifter Archaster.
The souvenir trade and such are brutal when you take note of them in shell shops and such.