Bicolor Blenny?

nick76

Who has one they can comment on? Im currious on its habbits, feeding, QT, tankmates. Thinking about adding one to my 55reef.

puffer32

Great fish! Have lots of personality. Mine eats anything i put in the tank. Heres a pic of mine doing what he does best, lounging around.

durgeonman

Originally Posted by d0 thy d3w
aww..lol...wats he laying in?? im not good at ID'ing corals..is it sum type of brain?

that looks like a green open brain

chipmaker

Great personalites, eat anything, can be a real PITA to some fish when it wants to be, but overall its a real crazy actor. Mine follows me from one side of the tank to the other, and just sets there watching. He is forever cleaing out any nook and crany or hole he can make into a home and its often fun to fill those holes he uses up with chunks of rocks just to see him pull them out and carry them accross the tank and depost them in a pile just to free up his hole again. Mine "kisses" the glass n the tank whenever there is algae, and leaves his lip imprints all over the glass in the algae film. I was lookingta it one day and could not figure out how a snail could make a mark and skip a space and make another identical mark...I mean my tank glass was convered in marks that resemble a track a cow would make......then I seen the bicolor at work. He scrapes off the algae film with his lips.

wangotango

i've had one in my 55 for a couple of years, great fish! a little skiddish if you come up to the tank too quickly though, and most of the time he's perched on one of his favorite corals (my avatar).

cjml

Great little fish! Cute with lots of personality. They like hiding places to feel safe. :happyfish :happyfish

nick76

Thanks guys, im deffinatly going to look into one now.

But... :notsure: Are they jumpers? I got some openings i need to secure then.

cjml

If they get scared yes they could jump- mine hang out in the middle to bottom of the tank - so far they have not been jumpers. I always check to see if they are still there after water changes or other tank interventions. Usually they just hide till we are done! :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish

puffer32

I never see mine near the top, he pretty much stays mid to lower tank where there are perches for him. Only when I feed mine does he go up higher.