BIG water change.

reeferdc

Whats the most amount of water you guys would recommend changeing at one time in a FO tank??
Thanks
Drew

houndhome1

Hello,
My first question would be " why do u ask". I would only sugest 50% or more as an emergency if something went wrong with your water. 20% should be fine if you mantain your practice.

reeferdc

my water is a bit cloundy and I just recently got an RO unit and am curently makeing water so i wanted to getg alot of the tap water out of the tank..
Anyone els?
Drew

demi7996

I have a very similar situation..I just got an ro unit, and I was trying to get alot of the water out so I could get rid of this reddish/brown crap all over the tank (ro water WILL get rid of the algae problem, BTW). I just did 10% water changes every couple days or so, or until I had enough produced by my ro unit. After about 3 weeks all algae was gone. I think if your fish are doing ok right now, then just do as would normally, and it will eventually all be out of there.

reefdweler

Hope I am not hijacking, I do appologize if I am. I am still not sure as to what consitutes hijacking and not. Does this water change with RO water apply to types of algae (hiar algae, bubble algae etc)?