Black And White Saddlebacks

skipperdz

i just got 2 of these guys the other day and was curious to know if any of you guys have had them before? i think they are pretty cool looking. do they have any strange habits...just curious ill try and get some pics up tomorrow morning im at work right now.

S

slugkeeper

I have one b/w saddleback and nothing unusual about him (other than being really skitish - but I assume that is because he is alone since the second clown didn't survive shipping). I will say this - he sure jumped into LTA fast, about an hour after I placed the LTA in the tank.

perfectdark

I have had 2 black saddle backs and 2 B&W ocellairis, these are commonly mistaken for the same species, even from LFS. Are you sure they are saddle backs?
In either case I love the saddle backs, they are prob my favorite clown fish. The black and white ocellaris are cool and all but the didnt have the personality my saddle backs had.

sac10918

I have a black and white saddleback clown. I had a pair, but I had a total tank meltdown in May and only my male survived. I absolutely L-O-V-E my saddleback. In fact, I am working on getting him a mate. I agree with PerfectDark that they are very different from the B&W ocellaris. I actually think they are more attractive looking, but maybe I am just biased.

Please post a pic of yours! I would love to see them! Here is a pic of mine before the crash...

perfectdark

I was aware of the simialrities between the B&W ocellaris and the black saddle backs but I always saw the saddle backs with the notable yellow face and fins. My LFS got a shipment in of them and they thought that they sent 5 saddle backs and one B&W Ocallirs, but what it was actually a saddle back it just didnt have any yellow, but it had the distinctive white horizontal lines on its tail fins top and bottom. Pretty cool and other than that IMO it was difficult to tell one from the other. I like the yellow on them better.. nice contrast.

skipperdz

yea mine are b/w saddles they look very similar to the ones that on in sac's picture but larger. right now they are sleep on my front glass at night lol. i had a bta but it went kamakazi into the power head. my guys were timid on the first day and that was about it, they almost took over the tank from my eibli angel and hawaiian blue puffer. ill have pics up this afternoon