Blue lined trigger.

petjunkie

They're really big and really aggressive. It's a beautiful fish but one that needs a huge tank and no tankmates. Not really a good choice for saltwater fish in my opinion but if you like triggers there's a few that aren't too aggressive but still pretty.

lion_crazz

You are referring to the fuscus trigger, correct? If that is what you are referring to, I don't find them to be one of the worst. Undulated, queen, titan, and clown trigggers are all still more aggressive and dominant than a blue line. They are not quite as peaceful and friendly as a crosshatch, niger, blue jaw, or pinktail, but they are in the middle grouping with humu humu triggers and rectangle triggers.
They are not too bad, but definitely need to housed with other aggresive tank mates (larger puffer, other triggers, larger wrasses, groupers, etc.) You don't want these guys to be housed with lionfish or other peaceful fish.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by reeferDC
yup thats it.. I actually already have it I just wanted some info.. Thanks alot!!
oh cool! You have any pics of yours?

reeferdc

ill post them tomorrow he is really really cool! He looks just like the one in your picture only very very small.

S

shark bait

I got one today and he lost 1/2 his tail from my mappa. I then took a good look at them together and said, WOW maybe the mappa thinks it is another puffer. Well, in my tank the more expensive fish wins, so i have a 7" bluline, who needs a home I hope I can take him back, Fins do grow back!! I hope this one will. I got picks of the event, but need to get them off the phone.

csupdog

Originally Posted by shark bait
I got one today and he lost 1/2 his tail from my mappa. I then took a good look at them together and said, WOW maybe the mappa thinks it is another puffer. Well, in my tank the more expensive fish wins, so i have a 7" bluline, who needs a home I hope I can take him back, Fins do grow back!! I hope this one will. I got picks of the event, but need to get them off the phone.
why would you put such an aggressive with with such an expensive fish? mappa's are very peaceful too. unless you have a huge tank ~10"+ long, get that trigger out!

S

shark bait

tank is 150 gal and he went back the blueline went back. Most fish will not bug puffers so it would have been a good mix but my mappa has tons of spunk. he is more agressive than the blueline was. I went to the LFS and the blueline is fine, his tail grew back in a week. The guy has him going for $150 and he is about 6-7"