blue or black background opinions

xjayx

I personally like black better.
Mine is clear right now but I'll probably paint it black or buy a black backdrop for it.
I just like black better cause I've heard it hides the algee on the glass pretty well and cause when I look at tanks with black backgrounds they always look so much bigger and deeper.

crazy4reefs

my tank has the black trim and black stand so i went with the blue backround, i like it a lot. in the past i let one of my tanks back glass get covered with coralline algae and i didnt like it. here are a couple older pic's of my tank

wrx777

this is my 55g, black background. the acrylic is actually black, no black film or paint, etc. I like it, but I think I might go with dark blue when I upgrade eventually, we'll see when it gets here though :)

slade1274

I used a dark blue from the master bedroom. It's an olympic latex called Blue Lava. I bought some 1/8" plexi from Lowes, cut it in half and painted the back. Once the several layers dried, I put it up with electrical tape on the black border. It's about the same thickness as the tank border, so it blends well.

caz

Thanks for all the replies guys and gals... I ended up repainting it black and it looks great! I love it and am glad I went with black. It really brings the fish and rock out a lot more than the blue... plus it blends in better with my equip and stand.

pimpnfish

I spay painted graffiti on my tank. I also added a bicycle tire and several aluminum beer cans. Several candy rappers. AND believe me, eating all the candy was FUN:)
The only problem is keeping the wrappers out of the over flow. Talk about water on the floor because of a Twix wrapper. HAHAHAH.

anyway, I also have glass jars, some broken. And some barbed wire/fencing. And a flat basketball. The fish love swimming in and out of it!
oh and a brick from my apartment building from out back where the garage wall fell in.
I think it makes the tank look like something the ROAD WARRIOR would have. If they still had fish tanks.

fishygurl

Originally Posted by pimpNfish
http:///forum/post/2715491
I spay painted graffiti on my tank. I also added a bicycle tire and several aluminum beer cans. Several candy rappers. AND believe me, eating all the candy was FUN:)
The only problem is keeping the wrappers out of the over flow. Talk about water on the floor because of a Twix wrapper. HAHAHAH.

anyway, I also have glass jars, some broken. And some barbed wire/fencing. And a flat basketball. The fish love swimming in and out of it!
oh and a brick from my apartment building from out back where the garage wall fell in.
I think it makes the tank look like something the ROAD WARRIOR would have. If they still had fish tanks.

haha i would like to see what a fish tank like that would look like.. lol..

fau8

For me I have tried both, Blue seemed to be the better choice and added the better contrast. I quickly became moot as the coraline quickly began to obsure it.

aquaguy24

heres my 4 month old 90g with a black film background..if i want the blue color i can just turn the film over to the overside....i got it from my lfs..