blue tang has bumps

heidijj

It wouldn't matter if I pulled him out now though because all the rest have been exposed, is that right?

heidijj

does this help in the second pic you can see them closer to his tail. I also found my dead angel this morning but he doesn't have spots on him either. So what should be my next course of action?

heidijj

once ich is in your tank, can you ever get rid of it? Please Help! I will be devastated if I loose everything, I have invested my heart and time into this.

heidijj

yes they are bumpy as well,
I have a tone of fish in there
1yellow tang
the blue tang in question
9green chromis
clown fish
watchman goby
sandsifting goby
lawn mower blenney
6 line wrasse (pajama)
1 damsel
1orchid dotty back
a fire shrimp
coral banded shrimp
banded serpent star fish
peppermint shrimp
and snails and crabs
I can't afford to start all over so what do you suggest?
I am willing to treat but not sure if I have the necessary stuff to do it?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidijj http:///t/394352/blue-tang-has-bumps/20#post_3510054

once ich is in your tank, can you ever get rid of it? Please Help! I will be devastated if I loose everything, I have invested my heart and time into this.
Oh, you can definitely get rid of it, but, because you have a reef tank, the process with require a lot of work and effort. Your fish are the only targets of ich, not corals etc.
Can you answer my question above about the appearance of the spots? Are they irregular shape at all, bumpy?
How long have you had this hippo? Is this the only fish with symptoms?

heidijj

They look bumby, but are only circular in shape, I have had the hippo for about a year and a half, and not any of the other fish show signs of the bumps

heidijj

some of bumps are white but not all of them and the spots by his eyes are more of an odd shape not a circle, they are more of a line

beth

Administrator
Staff member
There is no doubt that this fish has head and lateral line disease.
Have you added new fish within the past 3 mos?
Can you look at those spots using a magnifying glass and see if they appear irregular in shape, or bumpy at all?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Did you take a look at your tang with a magnifying glass? If so, tell me what the spots looked like.
I'm assuming you don't have a QT?

heidijj

Woke up this morning and the bumps and spots are all gone. I don't know what is going on but hopefully this is a start to him getting better. As for the HLLD. What would you suggest?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to tell you but that is a typical symptom of ich. The parasite has a 3-stage life cycle, of which, being attached to fish is only one stage. You will see the ich again shortly.