Bought a new tv but having an issue

crypt keeper

I bought a 55 inch samsung LCD 120mhz 1080p. I came home put in some Madden and it playedpretty smoothly. Graphics are unreal.
I then popped in Modern warfare Call of Duty 2 and its lagging like no other. It has ruined the game for me. I thought maybe is the internet connection. So I played single player and it was horrible. I mean I couldnt Aim. I would hit the stick to move to the left and it hesitates like a 1/2 second so then I feel like I have to push it harder then it over does it. Anybody have any input?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure that TV (which is only a display) would effect gameplay. Have you tried hocking the game up to an alternative TV or monitor to see what's what? Are you using gaming mode on he Samsung?
I was always a SONY fangirl, but I bought a Samsung last year and it blew me a way.

crypt keeper

I had it hooked up to my 65 mitsubishi diamond projector. It played flawlessly. this sucks. i dont wanna play it anymore

reefraff

Try customer support. There could be a setting you could change to help it out. Otherwise I'd be taking it back.

aquaknight

Which console? 360/PS3? Which interconnect? Component/HDMI? Are you running video through a stereo receiver/switchbox?
Sounds like it's trying to upconvert the signal, and is lagging in the process...

crypt keeper

I figured it out. These new TVs well some of them have a game mode. Its right in the remote. You hit the button. It says Game Mode On. Its fixed. Its a tad slower but I just upped the sensativity.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3254665
I figured it out. These new TVs well some of them have a game mode. Its right in the remote. You hit the button. It says Game Mode On. Its fixed. Its a tad slower but I just upped the sensativity.
LOL Men! I told you that in my post. Men never listen to women.

crypt keeper

well after some debate I took that piece of junk back. I picked up a Panasonic Plasma. This thing blows any LCd away. Games perfect. Great picture on movies. 58" inch 1080p 600hz Its nice.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Beth
http:///forum/post/3254675
LOL Men! I told you that in my post. Men never listen to women.

I dunno but this is the problem with Woman, the guy takes your advice finds the settings. And it works, then the woman blames the man for not listening... I don't get it...

S

saxman

odd...i've never had any trouble w/playing the x360 on our 46" Samsung DLP (1080p, 120 hz), but maybe it's cuz i play on "old dude mode"...

jackri

I have to say I prefer plasma over lcd as well. I wouldn't trade my 50" samsung 1080p plasma for anything out there.

S

saxman

had my technologies crossed...we have an LCD. sheesh, hard to keep up, and i'm an engineer!