Bought a Volitan Yesterday

jam1e

Yup .. the reason I'm so proud is because I've had him for one day and he ate some raw shrimp tonight .. booya .. I'm cool .. it took me one day to get him to eat prepared foods ..

hot883

Thats great. Varied diet along with Not overfeeding is the key. Just feed until the stomach has a slight buldge 2-3 times a week. Shoot us a pic. when ya can. Barry

jam1e

alrighty .. I'll set up my camera right now and see if I can get a pic .. and yeah .. I've kept a fuzzy before but it took me a long time for him to eat prepared food .. I didn't expect this guy to eat so soon .. the only reason I even tried is becuase he showed an interest in my snowflake moray's dinner

jam1e

ok .. just shot some pics like 2 seconds ago .. so they're VERY fresh

what do you think?

jam1e

haha ..
.. yeah .. it was weird though .. when I first put him into my tank my Snowflake moray (the former boss of the tank) and my lion had a little "standoff" they sat there and stared at each other for like 5 minutes .. without either of them moving about an inch apart ... until finally the eel slunk back into his rock and the lion stared at the rock for a while then they've left each other alone since
fish

jam1e

thanks .. those were all the ones i took of him .. didn't feel like filtering through a whole bunch to get four so i just took four while I was talking to hott

greenwolf52

don't think i should spell that out on here. kind of profane abbreviation, but suits your volitan well. if you think about it long enough, you're sure to figure it out.
just my way of saying that it is a very cool fish... :)

jam1e

haha .. gotcha now .. big but mofo .. yeah .. he is .. kind of hard to get him into the tank after I dripped him .. had to lift up the light . haha