Brittle Stars ?

Do Brittle Stars ever prey on small fish and inverts? Something in my tank has eaten two damsels this weekend. Water parameters are all good. 55 gallon tank. clean up crew from SWF.com, three damsels (now) and condi anemone.
Someone is a killer. The two that are missing liked to sleep in little caves near the bottom of the tank near where the brittle stars hide all day.
Any help appreciated.

Ive heard Brittle Stars as being killers but I have one that is about 20"-- its big!!!
It will not even eat frozen silversides that I put in the tank!!
I just see it cruisen the sand bed when the moonlights are on. Hasn't bothered anything! :)

jakob4001

possibly the anemonme stung them and brittle star finished them off while they were vulnerable...we have 2 green britttle stars that do not/have not disturbed any fish; but they do scavenge & due try to aquire their share of food put into the tank

S

starfishjackedme

Every couple of days when I see my green brittle star out and open I will drop a piece of raw shrimp in for him. That usually takes care of him for a few days. I haven't had any problems with him killing fish, but I am actively feeding him.

blondenaso1

How long has the tank been set up, and where did you get the live rock? Maybe you have a Mantis Shrimp. They live to hide in the rocks and sands and ambush sleeping fish.