brown crap????

samantha68

125 gallon set up for 9 weeks .I went through the cycle and that before just the last couple of days i have had to clean the inside of my tank wall everyday do to this ugly brown ..is it brown alge or????and how do i minimize it???
my readings are all good ,salt is good,temp is good help it's really ugly to look at

samantha68

yes i'm using tap water with the big als water conditioner with it mixed in the bucket same way i have for the 9 weeks but just this week i'm getting the brown all over the glass

greatfullreefer

The silicates and other contaminates in the tap water are contributing to the diatoms in your tank, thus the brown diatom algea. Suggestion use R/O water or if that is not an option set up a fuge with macros (you will need lots) nas snails may help with the symptoms but will not aid in a cure.

samantha68

ok thanks ,i was looking at the ro's just never bought one ....ok thanks alot i guess i need to look alot more seriously at them

samantha68

it's nice to see i'm not the only one from Ontario on here .I'm in Hamilton .Thanks again for your help i guess i'm going to go to the store tonight and check more into the ro's