bta

viper_930

I'm sure they are able to, but I doubt it would because they are not an aggressive species of anemones at all IME.

edwar050

glad I got your attention viper
I bought this large GBTA, last night a tentacle like appeandage, similar to the brittle stars arms, that had spike looking things appeared from the GBTA. It attacked my large turbo snail and killed him literally, it is the same color as the GBTA. The snail tried to defend itself inside his shell. The spike coming out was around 5-7 inches long and I am totally unsure as to what this is, my best guess is that It could possibly be a scavanging mechanism. I may have a really rare, non reef safe green bubble tip anenome. That or is it possibly it is some sort of worm hitchicker that came with the GBTA. The tank is 2 years old.
By the way the tentacle was wicked, I still have two 2in turbos. Not sure as of what to do with them.

viper_930

Very odd. :notsure:
I doubt it was actually part of the anemone. Where did that arm come out from? I'm thinking it may have been a green brittle star hitch-hiker, they are known to kill things.