Bubble Algae Explosion

nick76

Well I recently replaced my bulbs for my T-5 Fixture and now im definitely noticing growth of algae of all kinds. I had a few patches of bubbles here n there but now it seems to be growing out of control. I have 2 emerald crabs that pick at it but its growing faster than they can eat it.
Ive also tried removing some by hand & with blunt tweezers but there's no way your going to get them all without popping a few bubbles here and there... Am I fighting a losing battle here or is there another way to remove them im not thinking of?

flower

Originally Posted by Nick76
http:///forum/post/3096233
Well I recently replaced my bulbs for my T-5 Fixture and now im definitely noticing growth of algae of all kinds. I had a few patches of bubbles here n there but now it seems to be growing out of control. I have 2 emerald crabs that pick at it but its growing faster than they can eat it.
Ive also tried removing some by hand & with blunt tweezers but there's no way your going to get them all without popping a few bubbles here and there... Am I fighting a losing battle here or is there another way to remove them im not thinking of?

Mature ones are hard like plastic...pick those and leave the soft tender ones for the crabs to eat. Best I can do....I had emeralds and no bubble algae was safe. Maybe invest in some more so you have a better CUC for bubble algae.

cedarreef

sometimes it's just a matter of time... I had a bad outbreak, but I shortened my light cycle from 8 hours to 6 as well as kept up on water changes and fed a little less. After this, a lot just fell off the rock and flowed in the current into the overflow. The ones that stuck around got completely covered with coralline.