Bubble Tip Anemone

sparry67

My bt placed himself up underneath an ornamental castle where there is no light and worst of all I CAN'T admire him!!!! How can I get him to move

Just where do they normally like to be? Also is it ok to offer my coral-banded fish a treat of clams or fish? How many times a day is good to feed your fish? Thanks! Any advice MUCH appreciated!! (I have the t-3 lighting for the bt, guess he don't like them???)

bang guy

Bubble-Tips like to bury their foot deep into the shadows and then reach up into the light as needed.
The also like mature tanks and are not easy animals to keep. How long has this tank been set up?

sparry67

But he s just "footed" in this stupid ornament! I kept moving him in the beginning (being selfish as I wanted to see him and feed him!) and he ept movng, even changed my powerhead flow? Guess he's sick of me? He's like tucked way up under this castle thing?

bang guy

They use a LOT of much needed energy when they move. I suggest never attempting to move them because it usually depletes their energy reserves past the point where they can recover.

xcali1985

It will move when it needs the light, just leave it alone. It shouldn't sit in there and die. It's probably more irritated right now then anything.

sparry67

OK gotcha!! I feel bad now! Should I try and target feed him some clams or something? THANKS FOR HELPING ME OUT!!!

sparry67

YEP here he is bursting out both holes!!! Fed him some scallop and he's very happy!!! NOW I will leave him ALONE!!! Thanks!