bulb anemone's

reefiness

not sure about the green and rose, but im sure that any other bubble tip can touch like green and brown. but i would say yes just watch them after they touch if you see that area deflated then you know that they shouldnt have touched. but again im not sure if the rose bubble tip has the same toxins and the reagular ones.
you may want to wait for someone elses opinion because my assumption would be 75% sure they can

thegrog

They all have toxins, just depends on how sensitive you are towards them.
BTAs stingger cells are not as powerful as those of say a carpet anemone, but they sting nonetheless. Even if you don't feel anything on your skin after touching one, don't touch anywhere else (especially your eyes) until you wash your hands thurroughly.
I have never had a problem until I touched one when I had a small scrape on my hand. The anemone could not sting me thorugh my skin, but at the scrape........I was practically crying from the pain!!

Also, if you are allergic to bee stings, you will most likely be very sensitive toward anemone stings as the toxins are very similiar. If this is the case, better wear gloves.
IF you do handle one and feel a burning sensation, go to the kitchen and rinse the area off with vinegar BEFORE washing with fresh water. The vinegar will neutralize the toxins and prevent the fresh water from causing any stinging cells remaining to inject all their remaining poison at once.
In case you are wondering, I am a doctor as well as having paramedic training in environmental exposure.

hagfish

Originally Posted by TheGrog
They all have toxins, just depends on how sensitive you are towards them.
BTAs stingger cells are not as powerful as those of say a carpet anemone, but they sting nonetheless. Even if you don't feel anything on your skin after touching one, don't touch anywhere else (especially your eyes) until you wash your hands thurroughly.
I have never had a problem until I touched one when I had a small scrape on my hand. The anemone could not sting me thorugh my skin, but at the scrape........I was practically crying from the pain!!

Also, if you are allergic to bee stings, you will most likely be very sensitive toward anemone stings as the toxins are very similiar. If this is the case, better wear gloves.
IF you do handle one and feel a burning sensation, go to the kitchen and rinse the area off with vinegar BEFORE washing with fresh water. The vinegar will neutralize the toxins and prevent the fresh water from causing any stinging cells remaining to inject all their remaining poison at once.
In case you are wondering, I am a doctor as well as having paramedic training in environmental exposure.
Ummm... Thanks for the info, but that isn't what I asked.
I was asking if a green bubble tip anemone can be in the same tank as, and possibly even touch a rose bubble tip.

speg

That would be interesting to know. I would 'assume' that they could infact touch. Similiar to some animals being immune to the same species toxins... although some animals are weak to the same species toxins..... hah :)

crox

Thank you Dr. TheGrog. I have severe allergies to bee stings and I am buying an anemone. Now I know that I shouldn't touch it!!

thegrog

Sorry hagfish, misunderstood the question.
You are welcome Crox.
As for what you intended to ask, anemones are very territorial. They tend to sting others for space. If they are similiar, they may leave one another alone. You might be alright with BTA's, but be prepared for chemical warfare.