Buying Fish From Swf.com

william c

Has Anyone Bought Fish From This Web Site And Could You Please Tell Me
How The Fish Have Been ,,health Wise Ect..i Wan't To Order But Would Like To Hear From Some People Who Have Already Used Them .
Thank You

alyssia

Originally Posted by 27mtaylor
I have ordered from them and my livestock arrived alive and healthy.

ditto

thejeweler

I ordered a powderblue a week later he died. I thought it was a 15 day guarantee but no one will respone to my e-mail and there is no phone to call. I mailed him back wrote a letter, I- emaied them, nothing.Its been two weeks I dont think i will order from them again.

nakadoc

I recently ordred from SWFDC and lost a clown who looked healthy? water parameters are perfect Ammonia-0, Nitrite-0, and Nitrate-0, SG-25. I sent him back on monday like they said too. I will post the outcome.

nickdizz

Yea I have botten alot from swf.com and everything I have gotten has been in good shape. Sometimes it takes a little bit for the fish to bounce back(understandibly after a full day in the same bag) but they are always good and healthy. tThe one time that a fish didnt survive was because the fedex people dropped the box before they gave it to me so I returned it and got another one. In many cases for me this site has better quality than most of the stores around me so I buy almost any live goods I want from here.

nanahugs

I have made two orders from this website and my fish have arrived healthy and are doing great in my tanks. I also bought a BTA 6 weeks ago and he is thriving as well. My coral arrived in good shape as well. I also ordered pplants and a feather duster and they also arrived in good condition. I am very pleased with this website. The only drawback that I can think about is they are nearly impossible to get in touch with if you want to change your order or have a question. I was never able to reach them by phone, (there was always a full mailbox so I could not leave them a message.) My e-mails were never returned. So, my advice, be very sure of your order before you make it because you will not be able to change it in all likelihood.

froznfinn

I've never ordered from swf despite positive comments..I tried to find a phone number but to no avail..I even sent e-mails with questions but never received a response..maybe I'm over cautious.. I know they have a good track record but I would like to feel comfortable knowing that if I have a problem I could get some response from ....
a HUMAN BEING!!!!!!

thejeweler

If they dont talk now, just think what will happen when your fish dies. I dont think i will buy from this site again.

ant11899

Does anyone know what's up with their serious lack of corals on this site??? When I first found it there were TONS of stuff on here, and I made a small order that came exactly when it was supposed to and in excellent shape. Livestock was prime. Now that I'm ready to make a huge order they have what - like TWO corals? Both just one mushroom. I tried to email them but no one wrote back. That's just poor customer service. I ended up placing my order with another site. Too bad for them they missed out on a good sale!
When on earth do they update with new stuff?

nakadoc

well here it is the result of the 15 day guarentee. I sent an email about 2 weeks after I sent out the expired fish and they got back to me in 2 days with a code to enter the next time I order. It does not expire and it automatically adds the same fish to the order, so they say!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Livestock is generally harder to come by during the cold months due to shipping when it is really too cold to keep live animals healthy. It should start picking up quickly.
SWF.com does not have phone service. Its an online out fit that passes savings onto customers by cutting out overhead such as a receptionists. If your email acct is valid here, you should have no problems communicating with the owners. If it is a weekend or holiday, you need to give them the chance to open up during normal business hours.

mrstwig

I ordered three fish from this site and they have done exceptionally well. I would not hesitate to order from them again, I was really happy with the quality of the fish and packaging. My only complaint would be that prior to them shipping I tried to email them to add a fish and never got any response at all. Their email system is not very effective.