calcium and iodide

julie

I added both calcium and iodide within minutes of each other and my water was cloudy the next evening, within 24 hours, but not sooner. Just trying to rule out reasons. All the parameter are fine, though???

petieaztec

what are the benefits to iodide addition? the lfs guy told me that it would help my corals but i dont know why.

bang guy

Wow this is an old thread.
There are no commonly kept corals, fish, or inverts that need Iodine of any form in the water column. A few non-photosynthetic deep water Gorgonians are the exception.
There are no benefits I know of.
There is a big risk of overdosing.
Most hobbiest tanks are already overdosed with Iodine from the salt mix and from fish food so adding more can be a big problem.

petieaztec

im just kinda confused to why he recomended this. maybe i can get a refund and get some other things. i just thought i would ask. i was doing searches and found this one. trying to get my corals to grow a tad

bang guy

High Water quality, high waterflow, Good lighting, Good food, adequate Alkalinity and Calcium, regular water changes and your corals will grow.

petieaztec

awsome... your always a great help and will be looking for more of your help probably later on when i do add my supplements.