Can Aptaisia be red? ID Please?

anjiro

So I got some new live rock rubble yesterday, and upon looking at my small chunks, I noticed some small red moving stems coming off the rock. It looks like a red mechanical pencil lead. It has little "feelers" coming off the end. As you watch it, It waves back and forth in the flow. My camera wont take a good pic cause its soo small, but Here goes nothing

anjiro

I thought they put out a kind of mucus net, these things have tentacles like an anemone....
Here's my little spin on what they look like

anjiro

idk maybe, but of that I wasnt so convinced, usually with those they close up when you get close, I'm gonna try that and see what happens, I'll use a net so I dont get stung or anthing like that... So yeah touched it, it curls inward wen touched, sorry I cant get better pics for an id,
On further inspection they are only a red tint but mostly clear, especially now that they have closed up. If it is aptaisa the pep shrimp should eat it right? but I cant keep a pep shrimp with a scarlet cleaner can I?

robertmathern

+1 domt think aptasia most likely feather duster but pic dont show anything. When you touched it did it suck up into the rock or into a stick looking thing

anjiro

Yeah it sucked up into its tube. I just didnt figure the dusters, I have some in my dt and none of them look like this. The tiny ones I have seen have mostly been clear and well feather like. These really look like tentacles on the end, and its bright red like a fire shrimp