can i do anything right?????

rsedatec

:notsure: :help: i have done everything i can but my fish keep dying. all water readings are correct and the temp is in the mid to low 80s. first i blamed the ich . i removed the salt and started again. now there is no ich. and yet they last 3 or 4 days then they die. i check my readings everyday yet there is still death..the tank is second hand dont know if that makes a difference. the fish get drip acclimadated (hope i spelled that right) it take about1 hrs. i have vho lighting. a wet/dry . mag 350 filter/3 powerheads for flow. i do 10% water changes every 2 weeks. i have i am down some serious $$$$$$$$$ so any advice would help.

speg

What kinda filters do you have in the tank.. how much liverock and live sand? When you see the fish after they have died (if you see them) are they fully in tact? Or are they mangled... or are you not finding them at all? When you add fish.. how quickly are you adding them? Have you ever tested your ammonia right after a fish died?
Do you have ANY fish left live in your tank? If not, then just do not buy any fish for like a month.. hold out.. then after a month is over buy ONE damsel or chromis and see how it does for one-two weeks.. if he does find then add ONE more fish.. maybe a clown or something and wait another one to two weeks to see how it does.

rsedatec

the fish are intact when i find them. yes i ran all my test after they die and my water levels are good not all fish die fast some last about a month i have a wet/dry system and a 350 mag filter i use charcol for one week and a reg filter the next. i have about 100 pounds of lr and i use crush coral for my base. i add the fish slowly it takes about 1hour maybe two. i slowly drip the water in.

merredeth

Originally Posted by rsedatec
:notsure: :help: i have done everything i can but my fish keep dying. all water readings are correct and the temp is in the mid to low 80s.
Mid to low 80s?
I keep my tanks between 79 - 80. During the day, they might peak to 81, but never more than that.
What are your readings and what are you trying to house in the tanks?
Denise M.