Can I have a cardinal???

predator

I have a large Yellow Tang, Blue Tang, Flame Angel, Coral Beauty, Manderine Goby(hybrid?) and a pair of Clarkii. I want to add a Banggi Cardinal but wonder if my fish will pick him apart. My angels killed a pair of purple firefish not to long ago...<a href="http://hometown.aol.com/flmeangl44/index.html" target="_blank">CLICK HERE TO SEE MY REEF.</a>

keitho

i would say you could have one, but if you have particularly agressive angels, they still may pick him apart. you won't know until you try, but the cardinal should be different enough in color/appearance to not cause any problems.

wrigley11

I really do think that the cardinal will get picked apart... they are actually really aggressive if need be. They seem to be fine until some tries picking on them or if they have eggs.
Get a pair... they will breed and have babies that you can very easily raise. Have three in the overflow as I type.

salty guy

I have a coral, and flame in my tank and they have never messed with my JP cardinal. The angles tend to stick to the live rock and swim in and out of its openings searching for something. The cardinal sticks to the open water and just sorta sits there looking cool.
But when you put food in the tank and he sees it he is like lightning.