Can Someone Please ID this starfish?

fishphreak

Does anyone know what type of starfish this is. I just got him last night and I have been looking online all day for some info on him and haven't been able to find anything.
Thanks in advance!

donmgicwon

ITS ONE OF THOSE STARFISH THAT CAN GROW TO GIGANTIC PROPORTIONS OVERNIGHT AND WALK ON LAND AND EAT YOU IN YOUR SLEEP!!!!!!!!! GET RID OF IT NOW!:scared: :scared: :scared:

lovethesea

I don't knew either, but its pretty cool looking. It doesn't show up on any searches?
sleep with one eye open till you figure it out..:D

fishphreak

the spots are white.
Yeah I can't find anything that looks like him anywhere and I want to know what he eats and how big he will get, if he is reef safe.

koolkev

where did you get him/her from, and i take it ,from the picture, he/her is black becides the white spots?!? or is that just a dark blue?
Kevin
aka koolkev

unknown

This might sound dumb But I think It is called a general Star. They are reefsafe and NO they dont eat you in your sleep:nope:

Vince.:happyfish

fishphreak

No, I can't get a closer pic with this camera.
He is kinda reddish brown in color with the white spots.
I don't think he is a genral star, he doesn't really look the pic I found of one.
I got him from the son of a lady that works with my sister. He had to get rid of his tank so I offered to take it. They didn't know what kind of starfish he was either.
Fromia elegans is probably what he is, that picture is a pretty close match.
Thank you so much for all the help.