Chalice Experts Needed!!!!!

brokendeck

Im looking to set up a frag tank with nothing but Chalice in it. I have a few different pieces I would like to buy. I know nothing about Chalice thou. What does it eat? Ive read the Chalice needs to be in a shaded area or near the bottom. Is this true? Could I have them sitting on a crate away from the bottom? Anyone who is willing to help, that would be great. Thanks guys.

for me i just keep a good water peram and i keep mine around mid tank with power compacts, but with halides keep them low. t5s mid or low also i believe they need good lighting DEPENDING on what kind u have.

brokendeck

Well on my frag tank I have a Power Compact 2 X 55 watt for this tank but I have T5's on my main tank. So mid wouldnt be bad in the 10 gallon frag tank or would I need to put them on the bottom?
What does Chalice feed on?
How fast does the Chalice grow?
How long does it take it for the Chalice to grow a new eye?

star27624

Originally Posted by Brokendeck
http:///forum/post/3073390
Well on my frag tank I have a Power Compact 2 X 55 watt for this tank but I have T5's on my main tank. So mid wouldnt be bad in the 10 gallon frag tank or would I need to put them on the bottom?
What does Chalice feed on?
How fast does the Chalice grow?
How long does it take it for the Chalice to grow a new eye?
Chalices can be fed mysis and other meaty foods. They do have sweeper tentacles so you cannot have them too close together. (Yes they will sting each other).
Chalice growth varies from chalice to chalice and tank to tank. Some grow faster, some grow slower, but none of them are Fast growers.
The forming of new eyes also varies from piece to piece.

brokendeck

Ok the light has 1 white 10k and one blue. Im sure its a PC light.
Also would a koralia 1 be to much flow for the 10 gallon tank?

brokendeck

Right now we have 3 pieces of chalice on plugs, should we take them off the plugs and glue/putty them to a rock or leave them as they are? We are just wondering which way people have had more success with.
Thanks!