Cheap corals, would you pay this ?

florida joe

Taking an idea from my friend TommieLynn I am starting a thread on buying cheap corals. Below is a pic of a frag I picked up at my LFS for $35. A nice neon green candy cane with 12 small heads. Would you have purchased this coral? Let’s see some pictures of other reefers cheap acquisitions

mr. limpid

Nice find Joe, all my present coral are from finds except my hammer which was the start of it all, present from my son. No pictures from original purchase and now it has been a few years since I added a coral to my tank.

slice

Not a bad price for 12 heads. I think I paid $25 for my candy cane that had 6-7 at the time.

btldreef

Nice find Joe!
I'll have to gather up a few of my good finds! Do trades/private sales count, or only from the LFS?

kiefers

I am a bad bad bad aquarium Dad at the moment, I can't even see the tank inhabitants due to the green algae sloth! So no pics for me until I hit the cleaning chores. Nice candies Joe, have a few of my own, somewhere. Lol

I love this thread! Here are my "good deals" I feel I have gotten on corals.
3 Heads of hammer coral for $20

Mushroom Frag with 6 mushrooms for $5

Star Polyp frag for $5

Duncan frags for $6 a head. I got 3 heads so 18 for all 3. One is angry in this picture

I have a lot more, but I will post later to keep the thread alive.

florida joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sviellvoicae http:///t/390025/cheap-corals-would-you-pay-this#post_3451174
I love this thread! Here are my "good deals" I feel I have gotten on corals.
3 Heads of hammer coral for $20

Mushroom Frag with 6 mushrooms for $5

Star Polyp frag for $5

Duncan frags for $6 a head. I got 3 heads so 18 for all 3. One is angry in this picture

I have a lot more, but I will post later to keep the thread alive.
Great deals

wartooth1

I got this scolima coral just before new years for $30. It was only the size of a nickel when I got it but now its almost as big as a quarter! lol.

Here are some more of my finds. I love this thread. Mainly cause I'm a coral supper shopper lol.
This one doesn't really count cause it was free but anyways...
free orange setosa

Green birdsnest $10