Christmas came early, got LED lights!!!!!!!

reeferchief

Well I have been on an LED craze since I saw the Aqua Illuminations SOL LED setup at a LFS, a few months ago. Well my fiance got this light for me and gave it to me early. I was going to build my own LED fixture but this came sooner. After hours of reading reviews and PAR that this light gives off, it is a superb light for the money. It's made in the USA too!
I am really impressed with this unit, but unlike some reviews I read (who cooked coral), I am deciding to wait till the weekend to use it full time. I want to have a lot of time to measure the light and make sure I won't cook any of my corals, because at 100% this thing is a monster of a light! Most only use them at a portion of their potential. Only bad I've read about them is the LED's going out but this will happen with any LED fixture. After all the research I've done, I've read way more positive things then negative things about this light.
I also went with the White model (2w/1b) instead of blue (1w/1b/1rb) because I read the corals use the white light to grow and blue provides color. I think most get the blue becuase of the looks and par is slightly better at depths.
I can't wait to get it running full time!!!

mr. limpid

Sweeeeeet. I have been reading up on this fixture sounds like a very good one. I read it has dimming capability? But I went with the Marienland LED since I only have softies and SPS. keep us updated on how you like this fixture.

reeferchief

Thanks everyone! I am super excited too! BTLD your husband help me along when I was going to build my own and then right when I was ready to bite the bullet and buy everything, this Light was given to me. When I go to a bigger tank I will be buiding my own light, tho!
It's an Aqua Illuminations SOL white model, with dimmable programemr which can replicate cloud cover, sunrise/set, storms, each color can be dimmed individually too! Trust me a did A LOT of research on this light and overall good feedback on them.
I will definitely post pics once it is my dedicated light and I remove the T5's.
She is a great girl and she likes the tank, strange enough, except she feels it's gets more attention then her.lol She wants a diamond braclet, but what else is new? she's a woman.lol I have some nice things picked out for her!