Chronic Diarrhea caused by Your Tank?

wax32

Anyone ever get a bad bout of chronic diarrhea after working in your tank and maybe not washing your hands as well as you should?
I read an article
http://www.annals.org/cgi/content/full/123/6/409#FN
saying Cyanobacteria can cause CD, which I have had for the last five days (I cleaned algae from my tank this past weekend.)
Trying to decide if the two are related!

renogaw

i'd believe it. seriously a little too much information, but there's enough bacteria in our tanks i'd believe anything.

autofreak44

Originally Posted by wax32
Anyone ever get a bad bout of chronic diarrhea after working in your tank and maybe not washing your hands as well as you should?
I read an article
http://www.annals.org/cgi/content/full/123/6/409#FN
saying Cyanobacteria can cause CD, which I have had for the last five days (I cleaned algae from my tank this past weekend.)
Trying to decide if the two are related!
actualy.... and i am having a cyano problem right now

m0nk

Originally Posted by grumpygils
Great, between that and bare handed zoas, I am going to die!
Mc
Hahaha, best reply yet, not to belittle your fear of death there...

wax32

LOL, yeah it's a little funny to talk about, and a little gross! But, it's the only thing I can think of that might be causing me problems. I have literally been going to the bathroom 2 or 3 times per hour. Hard to sleep!

No cot in the bathroom yet, but I am seriously considering changing brands of toilet paper!

michaeltx

The laboratory at the study hospital also detected Cyclospora organisms in the stool specimen of a patient who presented to the hospital outpatient clinic. He had no other known connection to the hospital or to the physicians' dormitory. This patient could not be located for follow-up. No other laboratories detected the organisms.

this is the only thing realating to a fish tank in the entire thing.
Its never a good idea to DRINK the water out of a tank to begin with.

Mike

bronco300

Originally Posted by wax32
LOL, yeah it's a little funny to talk about, and a little gross! But, it's the only thing I can think of that might be causing me problems. I have literally been going to the bathroom 2 or 3 times per hour
. Hard to sleep!

No cot in the bathroom yet, but I am seriously considering changing brands of toilet paper!

lol, being in the bathroom 48 times a day...i dont think different toilet paper will do much for you unless you use the baby wipes,lol...good luck with that though

ric maniac

Originally Posted by Bronco300
lol, being in the bathroom 48 times a day...i dont think different toilet paper will do much for you unless you use the baby wipes,lol...good luck with that though
or cardboard. it can be wiped off and will last longer than a roll of toilet paper.

adairable

Originally Posted by reefreak29
its very possible sounds like giardia or cryptosporitia
giardia is freshwater bac I thoughtbut I don't really know....I got tested for it tho

had something to do with drinking well water my whole life