clam is looking bad.. on it's way out i believe

blitz99

i've got 3 croceas within the last month or so, and a gigas that's been in my tank for a few months..
well, the first 2 croceas footed down almost immediately, but the 3rd crocea seemed to like the sand bed... though i knew this was too far from the lights... so i tried moving him over and over and over... finally i thought i got him a place he liked but turns out he didnt like it all that much...
so, i must have handled him 6 or 7 times 2 nights ago.. i got home last night and thought he was dead... he wasnt...
but i am almost sure he will be within a day or two.
i find it odd that the two are "happy as a clam" while the other is a goner. i should have left him be on the sand bed.

hedonic

It is actually important for corcea's and other attaching clams to be on roch work. Their muscle seals to the rock then hardens and can prevent parasites and pyramidial (sp?) snails from invading (in an ideal scenario) the back way. Has the clam flushed its zooanaxthenalle (sp?)? Is its mantle out at all? and if so do the edges look tattered? Can the clam still react and close, or does it stay gapping? And finally, whats a philly fan doing in lion's land?

blitz99

it still can open and close, as i was going to pull it out last night but it closed up and started to reopen so i knew it wasnt dead yet... it's still not dead but we'll see when i get home... the mantle is not out at all, it did blow itself over after i righted it last night on the rock... i didnt want to touch it anymore so i just left him there hoping he'd come back.. it hasnt flushed the zoo yet, but soon i'm sure.
i was born in lion country (if there is such thing)... my mom was engaged to a texan and texan kid in 80... eagles win, cowboy fans cry like babies... eagle fan was born.