hammer
xzena sp?
shrooms
zoos
ect
ect
a bubble tipped anomnie ? :D

dory36

Nanoreef, I don't think putting a clam "under" your 10 gallon is a good idea!
Putting one "in" your tank isn't a good idea, either. You don't have enough lighting or enough room, imo. Some clams like the derasa clam can get 20 inches long! As for the corals you want: frog spawn no, hammer yes, xenia yes, mushrooms yes, and zoos maybe. And no way on the bubble tip anemone. I just took a BTA back to my lfs because it was moving all over my tank killing my corals. I have a 75g tank. I used to have the 12g Nano Cube and my hammers, xenia, and mushrooms did quite well under that lighting. I can't remember how much the lighting was, but I'm sure it was less than yours. Just remember to research, research, research! It'll save you a lot of $ and heartache down the road. Good luck! :D

lamaface

well frogspawn maybe, there not that difficult to keep but the clam...no, not unless you want to spend your money of a jewl of the sea that might and probably will die in such a small tank. MH, so what? Im keeping sps and clams under 8T5s (432ww) in my main reef tank BUT i am upgrading to 3 175ww MHs in the very near future, the lights at the moment are just enough and your MH is a small one at that... i have a little nano with a 75ww MH and i tried to keep sps unsucsesfully and i would say that clams are just as hard if not harder to keep healthy. Dont do it man... the water quality is just not stable enough... and dont take the thing about the lighting above my main tank the wrong way, its not enough light and im upgrading very soon.
Just my .1c

kaotik

you have enough light, just not enough room...derasa can grow to 20"!!!! Others to about a foot, so 10gal is just too small IMO.

toughguy80

Also factor in water stability. Hard to keep everything stable in so little an amount of water which is a must for a clam.

msd2

A few problems come to mind, first the temp, does the 10gal stay very stable regarding temp variability. Secondly if something goes south you will have to catch it super quick before it fouls the water. Clams the size your talking about don't require as much light per say as a larger one. Meaning you need to feed the small clams a lot more in contrast to just them getting food via lighting. Clams require stable, constant, pristine water conditions. I personally would not try a clam in that size of a tank, but I suppose it could be done just be aware if it dies you will probably lose all your livestock.

crazy4reefs

i dont see any problems for a frogspawn or a hammer, and as far as the clam you might be able to get away with a lower light clam like a squamosa (sp) but it would out grow your tank and my main concern would be keeping the water quality stable all the time.