Classifieds Seller's Feedback

aw2

Hate to do this but unleashed is on the list, tonight.
Last winter, I "gave away" a Tenecor 300gal. tank, for a 90gal. setup from her. I traded the 300gal. tank (yeah, it was really dirty but was EASILY cleaned up) for a 90gal, stand, canopy and VHO lights.
Her and her husband drove down to pick it up and she "forgot" the ballast for the lights. No big deal, I said...just drop it in the mail.
5 months later and I still have no ballast and have a useless light fixture. She's told me a few times "it's in the mail" and I know the US mail service isnt that unreliable. When I mention to her that I still havent gotten it, all I get is "You've got to be kidding". Then, all emails and AIM messages are ignored.
Seems to me that someone would be a little appreciative to get a 300gal. tank in trade for a 90gal.
Sorry to do this, Lynn, but it's gotta to the point where it's rediculous.

hoover86

hot883 was amazing to deal with. I didn't have the cash right away but showed interest, and he kept me in mind until I came through! Thanks hot883, what a steal I got!!

iowasalty

SALTWATER.COM TAKES MONEY - NO PRODUCT!!!
Order# 41263, Saturday 22 April, 2006
Money Taken From Bank Account: Monday 24 April, 2006
Thursday, 27 April 2006. Noticed status went from Pending to Processing and back to Pending- No Reason, No Contact
E-Mailed Thursday, 27 April 2006 Inquiring . No Response
Attempted Further E-Mails and Telephone Several Times- No Response
This has been a FRUSTRATING endevor so far. I have ordered from them previously with no complaints. I do not know what the malfunction is this time. The way things look is not the best. Money gone, no product and no communication. Pardon the pun, but kinda fishy. I placed an order with another site in Ohio Thurday morning and recieved my fish Friday morning with no hitch. The 14 day guarantee is great if you can get your product!! Once I get this situation straightened out this will be my last order with this company and will not refer anyone to them. To the ones that have been ordering for awhile with no problems I salute you and may your luck continue and you stay satisfied.
Thank You and have a great day.

milomlo

Bought a corallife retro fit light set up. Works great! He shipped it fast and emailed me several times. Great to deal with. Thanks so much
:cheer:

mpls man

I bought a pinpoint monitor from him in march and never recieved anything !! he is out to steal your money !!!! he is the biggest * * * * you can fill in the blanks, never recieved anything from pay pal either because he dosen't have any funds in his acct.
BE CAREFUL OF THE PERSON !!!!!!

sleasia

mpls man....if you want a pinpoint monitor, I'll send you my salinity one and my ph one free....I got them both and think they are a piece of ...... went back to testing the water with saltwater master and salifert tests...and a refractometer :much more reliable...but like I say, if you want mine email me and I'll send them to you free...yes FREE! That's how crummy I think they are. sleasia@comcast.net

tnt

I purchased a bag of chaeto from him. Promptly responded to all emails and chaeto arrived quickly and as promised. Would definitely buy from him again.

hihikeke

I am not going to say if he is a good/bad seller, I'm just sharing my story!
I purchased live rocks, live sands, UV & a light fixture from him, this transaction was smooth, I believe he took him more than an hour from his place to NYC, and it only took me about 45 mins from my house to the place where we met up. I really appeicated. !!
Then after few days, I purchased 2 pumps from him, the rio 2100 & the mag drive 9.5 and he would put in a pump for free as part of my UV purchase. I guess that was a great deal, $60.00 shipped!
But I have waited for more than 10 days, shipping only takes 1 day from CT to NY, the 1st time he sent me, the "post-man" put a note on the package saying my address is wrong, there is no such an address, I don't know what to tell you but I work there and the address was correct. Then he resent it to me a week later, he told me that package had returned back to him. Ok....finally I got the package from him 2 days ago, but the rio & the one for the UV is not working, I emailed him and he said
"Listen, you didn't get the pump the first time because you gave me the wrong adress. I then had to pay to reship it because of your mistake. The package is in the mail with the new adress you gave me. It was shipped out on saturday. If you do not get the package this time I dont know what to tell you. Getting 3 pumps that are each worth more than you paid is already a good deal. The fact you are being so impatient is not only annoying its absolutely rediculous.
What I am thinking is ---
1) I asked him to let me know after he shipped it-- He didn't!! That's why I keep asking him, you guys should know the water can't run itself without a pump, right? How important that is, especially my water have been sitting there for 10 days!!
2) It doesn't matter how much did I pay, I know it was a good deal, so does it mean that becoz it's a great deal therefore I will only have 1 pump working??

drew2005

NMOCEAN was great to deal with. Very fast shipping and packed very well. Would do business again. Even though i havent hooked up the RO unit yet it was still a smooth transaction and everything looks great.

unleashed

Originally Posted by maeistero
:thinking: that's pretty scandalous. i would've traded you any size tank you wanted. and honestly also.

you would have walked aaway from the deal honestly.my son felt so bad for all the time i spent cleaning this tank he climbed in to help.the smaller tank is what he got in return solid oak aga custom classic oak series 90 this tank was almost 6 ft tall.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Originally Posted by sleasia
mpls man....if you want a pinpoint monitor, I'll send you my salinity one and my ph one free....I got them both and think they are a piece of ...... went back to testing the water with saltwater master and salifert tests...and a refractometer :much more reliable...but like I say, if you want mine email me and I'll send them to you free...yes FREE! That's how crummy I think they are. sleasia@comcast.net

I'll 2nd that. For the price of this, you can buy something really good....a refractometer.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, now both AW and unleashed have presented both their side of the story, and that will be the end of the discussion here at SWF.com. We can't have a personal war here on deals gone sour, or unhappy endings.
There is always risk when selling/buying previously-owned items. We take that risk to get a deal. Now, please drop it....at least here on the forums.

king4345

I have to warn all about CONNOR. I never made the trade and I am glad I didn't. Seems he will pull the fast one and ship for less causing a loss of livestock. He was hinting it to me and that's why I pulled the deal. Seems as though some people were not so lucky. So I willp ost here hoping all are paying attention...

elvictre

I have to warn about Connor as well. He gladly will accept your package but his doesn't seem to arrive on time. He used a cheaper shipping method to save money with no regard for the health of the corals.
Vic

clarkiiclo

I am in the same boat with CONNOR. I got an email from him and he says my zoos arrived to him and are beautiful. I shipped on Monday 6-19-06. It is now 6-23-06 and I havent got my frag yet. I dont think they will be alive either.
Do realize he is still a minor and has ALOT to learn.

elvictre

I do realize he is still a minor, but he as far as I understand from all the emails we have exchanged did these trades with his Mom knowing. So he pretty much stocked up his tank with everyone's frags. I have numerous emails from him with many excuses. I have also been offered my shipping money back but when I told him that instead of sending my money back just use that money to send my corals back with, he never responded. Seems to me he doesn't want to make good on this and keep my corals. He insists he didn't steal but he doesn't want to return what was shipped to him either....hmmm