clown fish and a Anemone?

jimlssc24

i have had a clownfish for about 6 months and i just got a Anemone. Well the clownfish has not even come close to it yet. Should I be concerned?
Thanks Jim

jakob4001

you might have wanted to do ALOT MORE research before buying an anemone for your clown; only CERTAIN anemones will host clowns; even IF you get the right anemone; that still does not mean it wil ever bond w/ the anemone; sometimes it has taken months for our clonws to bond to a anemone;have also noticed most to occur when the anemone has sustained some type of damage; & if your clown bonds, it may be overally protective of the aneemone by starving it or stressing it out; contrary to popular belief, the anemone does not need the clown fish or really benefit from it

car guy

it depends, if the clown was tanke raised it will almost host with any type of anemone, i have even seen wild caught go with anemones they're not supposed to host with, but all in all check up on it and see if they'll host together

stupid_naso

Some info on clownfish and anemones...
<a href="http://www.biodiversity.uno.edu/ebooks/ch2.html#ch2" target="_blank">Clownfishes and Anemones</a>
sebae_the_clown

dragonuwrasse

I bought a sebae clown and a bubbletip anemone the same day from two different sources and the clown immediately took to the anemone. Now the clown hoards all the food and drops it into the anemone whenever I feed. It is very fun to watch the relationship of the two. But if I go in and rearrange my tank the clown charges my hand if I get too close to his host!