clown fish got ick!!

i have a clown fish in my community tank with a niger trigger, squirrel fish, snowflake eel and a cleaner wrass... and the cleaning wrass isnt doing that well... so itz ont cleaning. anywayss... it is okay for me to raise my temp to 88 right? can all the fish in my tank take the heat? or should i try something elese to get rid of the ick..?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Raising the the water temp would be pointless. It certainly is not going to kill anything.
What type of tank do you have? If you have a FO then you can treat in tank. Take a look at the FAQ Thread at the top of this forum at the post on ich which also includes ich treatment.

i have a fish only tank... i was using quick cure from AP aquarium products but it doesnt really help. THe ick would be gone then come back after a few days. the quick cure medicin have formalin and malachite green in them, and i heard that formalin are not the best way to treat ick. What other ick medicin really works? i have heard bad comments on kick ick... what should i do??

beth

Administrator
Staff member
aznxcheapbasta3, did you read the post on ich in the FAQ Thread at the top of this forum?
When you say FO, this means that the only thing alive in your tank is microbacteria and fish. No Live Rock, inverts. If that is what you mean, proceed with the hyposalinity procedure that is detailed in the FAQ Thread. You should use a refractometer, and should actually have for the hobby, for around $50.
I'm not trying to promote sales for the store, but here is a link to a refractometer. Also, you can use a lab-grade glass hydromter, linked here as well. These are example brands. Please read the info in the FAQ Thread for all the details.
Refractometer
Lab-Grade Hydrometer

yah i know... in my fish only tank i have nothing but fish no LR or anything elese is alive in there. someone from the LFS told me to buy kick ick for my fish only tank and what i meant that i heard bad comments on them is that they dont really work well against icks

beth

Administrator
Staff member
So you will proceed with the hyposalinity? That should work well.
Do you have a refractometer or a high quality glass hydrometer?