Color of Xenia Coral?

legend

I have this Xenia coral and it seems to be taking off...spreading and really growing. Its the red sea type. Some guy at the LFS said that all xenia have to be deep red....only healthy ones are. I was like...i'm not sure about that...mine seems to be a purple or pink color. I've had it for about one month now and am very pleased with its growth.
Any comments?

T

thomas712

Might want to talk to Bang Guy, If I recall right he has 4 different colors going in his tank. Had a post about it about a month back.
You could have the red sea type or the Hetero pink type.
Any chance of a pic of yours for positive ID?
I'll see if I can find it.
Thomas

scruz

There are dirr colors based on origin,I've had some ginen to me from my bro-in-law,origin ?,that were more of a grey to flesh tone that multiplied rapidily.Some ads for Red Sea claim theirs to be all shades-red to pink.If they're healthy and multiplying I wouldn't worry-enjoy. Steve

T

thomas712

Ok look up the thread
Calling Xenia Experts by Bang Guy, he includes some pics, see if you can ID yours from the pic.
Thomas

legend

I have a digital camera and i have pics already of the xenia...how can you post them? I would love to show you all my tank.

legend

Which do you like better? The red or the pink xenia's? They have both for sale, i already have a pink xenia so i was thinking about buying the red one.

T

thomas712

Originally posted by Legend
I have a digital camera and i have pics already of the xenia...how can you post them? I would love to show you all my tank.

At the bottom of your reply screen there is an attach file button and browse button use these to look for your pic on your computer and attach, you will have to watch your file size, can't remember the restrictions, you may have to adjust size.
Thomas