Computer savy people I need advice

slick

I'm looking for a desktop replacement laptop. I'm not reall into all the terms and stuff. But I'm also not clueless. Basicly I'm looking for something that can handle all the basic stuff like emails, documents and all that. But also have enough power to handle our digital camera, camcorder and such. I would also want something that can play hd dvd's and be able to burn dvd's and cd's. I would like to stay under $1500. What models would you recommend?

kerriann

Personally I love my Dell. I use it for work purpose and personal use and you can modify it however you wish. check out their website, build yourself a computer and you should definitely be happy with the price in the end. I got the basic INSPIRON 1501 and just jazzed it up a bit for my needs. Plus you can elect to have it installed with vista or XP

clown boy

Originally Posted by slick
I'm looking for a desktop replacement laptop. I'm not reall into all the terms and stuff. But I'm also not clueless. Basicly I'm looking for something that can handle all the basic stuff like emails, documents and all that. But also have enough power to handle our digital camera, camcorder and such. I would also want something that can play hd dvd's and be able to burn dvd's and cd's. I would like to stay under $1500. What models would you recommend?
HD-DVD Players are in the thousands. Finding a laptop with this feature is virtually impossible...
I love Dell too. I do heavy professional video and graphics work on my Inspiron E1705, and it hasn't failed me yet.

ctm474

HD-DVD is going to push you over $1500 every time. The drive itself isn't the problem - it's more of the processor, video card, LCD combo to render and display the High Def content that causes the jump in price. Toshiba, Acer, HP are probably the only notebooks that have an HD DVD option. Dell and Apple are both in the Blu Ray camp.
Like everyone else that has one...I love my MacBook Pro.

lion_crazz

Yep, I usually do not push Apple too much (as I love my HP lap top) but you sound like you would greatly benefit from a Mac book. It has the features you are looking for.

m0nk

I'm on the Apple bandwagon too. I personally have a Dell because I run Linux, but am very anti-Windows, especially if you don't NEED to use it for work or something.