Confused Leather Coral

pyro

Got my final attempt at an online fiji leather in two days ago. It looked fairly healthy for once (rock didn't break and rip it in half). The thing that concerned me, is it had a sorta hole along it's base which the other ones had that died within a day or two and just rotted away. The coral does not look 'healthy', but the lights are off and I didn't get to see it last night. The polyps are starting to open a bit though where a small ray of sunlight disperses into my tank on it - which I would think is a very good sign. The coral still looks half dead though - a lot of brown tint on it.
Any suggestions? It's under high flow and high lighting. Water parameters are all zeros. Don't have a calcium kit but my alk is on the line between med-high meaning it's probably just below 500 or so. Thanks.

hardcrab67

Its a bug hole from one post I read. the guy said he had to do surgury and it survived. Do a search in the archives. Guess you have to be steady w' tweezer, Good Luck!

pyro

Anybody have any ideas what the chance of this bug being in the coral is? I'm hoping it took it's lunch and left before they picked my coral out. I don't want to stress the thing by moving it anymore than I have to.