copperband butterfly

euphoria

I've had mine for 4 days now and it's not eating anything I throw in the tank. I put mysis, brine shrimp, silversides, formula 1, formula 2, pellets, flakes, seaweed sheets and it won't touch a thing.
Another strange thing is, when the lights are off and there's a little outside light in the room, the copperband is all over the tank. Once the lights come on, it starts to hide a lot behind rocks. Once in a while it'll pick on rocks, but mainly just swims behind them and won't come out much.

angelfan28

you may have to add garlic guard to your food...fish love it.my copper banded butterfly loves mysid shrimp and brine shrimp...i also have a variety pack of stuff for my fish...it has greens, blood worms different shrimp check into it... the butterfly i have eats it all.

dogstar

Try LIVE brine shrimp if you can get them to get it eating and then mix in thawed Mysis. Thats all my CBBF would ever eat. Its normal for them to become more active at night searching for live critters in/on the rock. I hope your tank is mature with lots of Liverock for that fish. How long has the tank been up?

euphoria

the tank has been up since january 1st, so only about 2 weeks, but I have 250 lbs of LR and 300 lbs of LS in it (it's a 180g tank).
Could be that I added the CBB too early, but the price and its looks were too good to pass on. I think an LFS around here may have live brine shrimp, so I'll give it a try.
There's too much rocks and crevices in the tank, and I don't know if it even knows that there's food being throw into the tank. Can they smell it and know that there's food in the tank, even if the are behind rocks?
And I do add garlic to all the food and let it soak for 15 mins before dumping in the tank.