coral banded dilema?

whitey_028

I have acoral banded that I got when it was very small. I have had him for a long time and now im starting to worry now that he is close to 6 inches long not counting his "whiskers" that he may be getting mean in his old age. Is it possible that he is the one that is killing my other inverts? I the last 2 weeks i had a harlequin shrimp mysteriously die and a skunk cleaner shrimp. I want documented fact and not opinions please as I have had him for quit awhile and dont really want him to leave but if it is him that is doing these dirty deeds he got to go. I have thought of interogating him with a metal halide and calling forensics to match claw marks on both shrimp.(Just kidding both shrimp had no damage when found dead). But his lawyer told him not to say a word. please help with my coral banded dilema?

puffer32

I would think if he is killing the other shrimp, it would be for food, so if the shrimp are intact, then I doubt he is just killing them for sport :notsure:

whitey_028

he is still not talking i ask him simple yes or no questions 1 pinch for yes and 2 pinches for no and still nothing he wont talk...bump

shogun323

I had to hire a hitman to take out my CBS. He would munch on my hermits and take a swipe at all my fish. I got sick of the carnage.

pbienkiewi

Go out and put some cocktail sauce next to him. and tell him If you don't fess up, guess where you will be ...........

tx reef

Originally Posted by pbienkiewi
Go out and put some cocktail sauce next to him. and tell him If you don't fess up, guess where you will be ...........

:hilarious

I think this thread has sorta lost it's original point.

whitey_028

Originally Posted by TX Reef

I think this thread has sorta lost it's original point.
pretty much...

puffer32

Getting back on track here, it is possible he did the killing. :notsure: But i had a large one once and I was blaming him on some small fish and shrimp disappearances till I caught my arrow crab red handed munching on a fish that was alive and well 5 mins before. He was holding it in its spidery legs like a baseball bat :scared: So i caught the bugger and wisked him off to the nearest LFS and that ended all the disappearing acts

whitey_028

Originally Posted by puffer32
Getting back on track here, it is possible he did the killing. :notsure: But i had a large one once and I was blaming him on some small fish and shrimp disappearances till I caught my arrow crab red handed munching on a fish that was alive and well 5 mins before. He was holding it in its spidery legs like a baseball bat :scared: So i caught the bugger and wisked him off to the nearest LFS and that ended all the disappearing acts

I dont have any arrow crabs in that tank...hmmm