Coral Beauty's level of color and their region?

I am seriousily consider to get a CB for my 29 gallon tank as I have looked around many petstores.
Yes, I do notice that their level of colors or beauty do varies as I notice that some are very beautiful "flame" color while the others do not show that beautiful of "flame" color, and some do look like fading out.
Is CB's level of color similar as Flame Angelfish depending on where they come from?
(ie: Flame Angelfish:
Beautiful red- Marshal Island
Red/Hot orange- Christmas Island
Orange- Cook Island
Correct me if I am mistaken......)
I am more interest to get the beautiful coloriest CB. Care level all the same regardless where they came from?

aarone

you forgot neon green...three mile island ;)
A 29 gallon is too small IMO for any angel fish. they require lots of rockwork and swimming area, as well as a well established tank for grazing purposes.
aaron

a cb should have a tank of 50 gallons or more and a flame angel should have a tank of 100 gallons or more these fish may seem small but need lots of swimming room andlots of rockwork

polarpooch

I wondered the same thing about color. My CB is a nice "flaming" variety. Another I saw was a beautiful velvet purple with a little orange/gold highlight.
I have heard the collection zone does have something to do with the color....but having tried to look it up once, I had no luck.
BTW, I think your CB will be fine in an established 29 g.

cincyreefer

I would get a Brazilian Flameback Angel for that tank. They are my favorite dwarf... Well maybe except for a flame. :D

i donno why but if you look under the fish on the website and go down to both of them it says the that the cb need a tank of 50 gal or more and a flame angel needs a tank of 100 gal or more and what i observed at my lfs is that they both roam around as much as each other so they would both need the same size tank for swimming but read up on them under fish and it can tell you some pretty interesting thing about these two kinds of fish and i have heard that if they dont have enough swimming room they get stressed out so my theory is that the flame angel doesnt accept a tank under this size or it will get stressed and you dont want your fish to get stresses so i think its just about their attitude to what size tank they will accept.

ace ventura

CB's get ugly fast, they become ugly yellow-brown outlined in yellow and a 29 gallon really is small for a angel
i've never witnessed this happen... is it really true? ive had 2 coral beauties that never changed color and same with other friends that have had reef tanks with the same no-color changes that i experienced... just wondering if that personally happened to u