Coral pics and a few questions.

charvel

Here is a pic of a leather(not sure what kind) and next is star polyps. I only have 100 watts of standard flour. lighting and they are doing great along with many different mushrooms. Since the leathers and stars are doing well ,can anyone give me some other corals that would probably do ok. Thanks alot,Mike.

charvel

Originally posted by DvSKiN
with NO lighting, I really think you are only going to be able to do leathers and shrooms, and some polyps. What I would do, instead of spending loot on more corals, that might and probably will die in the low intensity lighting, I would start putting money away for a new lighting system. Maybe some metal halides or sumfin like than. Hi,I know I am real close to ordering MH/vho,I just am trying to have my cake and eat it to. No algae problems what so ever with this low light, very little evaporation,lower electric bills,It is built in a closet so I have very little heat so I don't have to vent it or run a dehumidifier.If there was just a few other corals I would be pretty content for a while. Thanks, Mike.
DVS