Coralife Single Digital timer

mario

I just received and installed a retrofit 24” Current USA Sunpaq 2x65 watt (daylight and actinic) and I would like a timer that allows the following
1 PM Actinic on
2 PM Daylight on
11 PM Daylight off
12 PM Actinic off
12 PM Moon light on
3 AM Moon light off
I’m looking at the Coralife Single Digital but I can’t figure out if it does allow this or not, anybody can help?
Also are the hours of operation ok? At this time I only have some red mushrooms that came with the LR but I'm planning on a few easy corals (softies and polyps) soon.

chipmaker

I have to say thats a crock of you know what. There are probably more corla life timers in use today then all other brands combined. All it takes is one dissatisfied individual or a person that screwup it them selves and half a story in regards to what happened in all reality. Iprobbaly have a dozen or more of the digital coral life timers and have yet to have a problem with them or even their older model mechanical timers......If that timer was plugged into a suitable recepticle properly protected it should never have gotten to the point of destruction it attained.....I just do not buy the reason thayt power strip and timer caught fire, I bet at one time or other it did indeed get saltwater n the recepticles. A light being held on constantly due to a timer failure is certainly not a reason for it to catch fire, that is if the rateing of the contacts were not exceeded..Even if the timer strip failed to kick off, the house / office circuit shuold have kicked off. There is just sdomethng about that fire that is not being told and odds are one time that strip / timer had salt water in it. If it waas indeed poor quality or a design problem I think you would have seen a recall by now...........and also that persons insurance company filing suit with ESU.......it just did not happen though, and I wonder why?

emperor11

WOAH..back up there Sparky. No need to react like that..I was simply showing proof that there have been malfunctions, and major ones at that while using this product. This is NOT the only story I have heard where a major fire has started because of one of these. Now, any power strip can catch fire if water (in our case, saltwater) drips onto it. HOWEVER, this did not happen..it just caught on fire. Do we really want to even take the chance and have to worry about this happening to our beautiful works of art? I know I won't, after hearing the stories that I have. Plus, I've heard a ton of stories about the timers breaking after a couple months..then its no better than a regular power strip that costs you 5-10 bucks instead of what you'd pay for the "coralife power center." JMO

milomlo

I have one like this not this brand and I can not figure out how to make anything run on different times using the timer section.
Seems like everything runs at whatever times u set, if u set #1 to go off and #2 to come on then #1234 all come on and go off all all times set.
Help me to I would love to know how to use this stupid thing

scubanoah

yea that should work. only 2 of the timed outlets work at a time so you should be ok. just plug the actinic and daylight into the daylight side, and the moonlights in the nightime side.

jamie814

The digital timers are only single on off timers not like the dual dial timers that coralife makes. And the fire thing was reported with the manual timers they make I went though 3 of them with the dials sticking and not working before I switched to the digital ones and they work great!! Don't loose time through power outages either!!!
You will need 3 of them to accomplish that of the moonlights off at 3 am and still not have the acintcs or daylight on. The timers work by having one side off while the other side is on, you can not have both on or both sides off on the timers at the same time. One will allow you to have actinics on while moon light off and vis versa. The 2nd would allow you to have daylight off and on at set times and what ever you want at the opposite time schedule of that timer.
1 PM Actinic on

[hr]
timer 1 on (moonlights off)
2 PM Daylight on

[hr]
timer 2 on (reverse side off)
11 PM Daylight off

[hr]
timer 2 off (reverse side on)
12 PM Actinic off

[hr]
timer 1 off (moonlights on)
12 PM Moon light on
3 AM Moon light off
I run 2 of the timers to get the 3 daylight effect, dawn-dusk, daylight and monlight but when the actinics are off the moonlights are on the rest of the time.
Hope this helps a little.
Here is how mine looks please note it is an older pic and I did not have the lights pluged into the one timer yet.

jamie814

Originally Posted by milomlo
I have one like this not this brand and I can not figure out how to make anything run on different times using the timer section.
Seems like everything runs at whatever times u set, if u set #1 to go off and #2 to come on then #1234 all come on and go off all all times set.
Help me to I would love to know how to use this stupid thing
Not sure what you mean but the #1-7 allows you to have the timer turn on and off up to 7 times each day programable differntly each day of the week. Regardless you will still only have 2 outlets on and 2 off and vis versa that are controlled by the timer. The other 4 outlets on the timer are always on and are not affected by the timer controll.