Cortez Rainbow Wrasse and Cowfish compatability?

seanothon

I already have the cowfish. Its about 3 1/2". I am considering getting a Thalassoma lucasanum to put in the 90gl with the Cowfish but am worried it could be too much excitement for the Cowfish and it could have trouble competing for food, etc.
any experience or advice?

stanlalee

they are fast swimming aggressive fish with the potential to pester the cowfish. probably not the best of matches. you should probably stay away from all thalassoma wrasses unless you have an aggressive tank (triggers, large hawkfish, groupers, sohals ect).

seanothon

Originally Posted by Stanlalee
http:///forum/post/3234208
they are fast swimming aggressive fish with the potential to pester the cowfish. probably not the best of matches. you should probably stay away from all thalassoma wrasses unless you have an aggressive tank (triggers, large hawkfish, groupers, sohals ect).

do you have more peaceful tank suggestions?

stanlalee

as far as wrasses pretty much all the Halichoeres wrasses usually wont bother other fish unless they are provoked (or a like wrasse). they come in alot of interesting color variations. medium sized (bigger than sixline and small wrasses but not quite big like thalassoma).

seanothon

a checkerboard one could be cool... anything to say about a grouper with cowfish? same as the thassaloma wrasses?

stanlalee

dont know of any groupers suitable or a 90g. they usually are territorial but leave fish too big to eat alone as long as they stay out their area.

seanothon

Yeah, but i figure im going to have to upgrade for the Cowfish anyway. My LFS got a Miniatus Grouper and those are pretty rad, plus i think they stay relatively small for a grouper.