Crabs

Ok, my favorite thing in a saltwater aquarium is a crab. I have 3 so far and am planning on getting more but first I have a few questions. Does anyone have any info on the "Red Burrowing Crab" also what is the deal with Gorilla Crabs any info on them? I would also like some info on the Teddy Bear Crab. Also the same for Decorator Crab. I have 1 Emerald Crab, 1 Anemone Crab (the coolest crab ever), and 1 Boxing Crab (currently hiding with a large batch of eggs) These are all in a 46 gallon that I am planning a reef tank. Not to worry though for any size/ not reef safe problems because I am planning a whole second tank for nothing but my crabs when they get larger. But I would like to know about any reef problems that any of these crabs would have so I know if I need to put them into my other tank before I get corals.

1journeyman

Crabs are opportunistic. They can/will eat anything they can.
"Gorilla" crabs often come as hitchhikers on Caribbean live rock. I had one that lived for a couple of years in my refugium. Very aggressive and very large claws.

buckeye88

I agree with you totally, I crabs are my favorite thing for salt water tanks too. Gorilla crabs and deco crabs aren't reef safe. I think deco crabs are boaring anyhow (when you have one you find they're not as cool as they seemed at the store).
I used to have a boxing crab when I was newer than I am now
. Unfortunatley it was a victem to my own stupidity and died. Good luck!!