crazy puffer fish

kittykitty

So i just got a porcupine puffer yesterday... he is the most interesting fish i have ever seen.
I took a piece of frozen krill and held it above the water with some tongs and he literally jumps inches out of the water to grab it. Crazy fish. Anyone else's fish do this?

I

irenicus

Yeah, mine will jump out at my gf's finger. Really weird.

evilss

porcupine's are awesome. be prepared to for a great time with that fish. they have lots of character. i love mine. i could never do a saltwater tank with out a porc. good luck with him.

kittykitty

Anyone live in southwestern ohio? Don't buy saltwater fish from Jack's Aquarium and pets! Its an ich case every time. My poor porky is covered in it.

cincyreefer

Yes, there are quite a few of us from South western Ohio... Sorry to hear about your porky. What part of the area are you from? Cincy, Dayton, etc..

sheracr123

Kitty
Just to let you know, Porc's are suceptible to ich. Mine got it when I first brought him home. I have never had ich on a fish from my lfs. I got rid of it and have never had another problem. I think it has to do with the stress of moving.
HTH
Mendee

robofish

I lost a porc today to ick and could cure it.... I havent had this problem with any puffers other than the dog face one. The dog face puffers seem to keep ick all the time. Everyone I have tried to buy or own has always appeared to have some sorts of spots on their fins and it comes and goes....

kittykitty

I'm in cincinnati. I actually noticed a few spots on him right after I bought him. Stupid me for not looking him over completely before I bought him. Anyway, I called Jack's and they gave me some coppersafe free of charge.
I actually used to work for them... nobody takes care of anything or cares about anything at Jack's.

kittykitty

I worked at the dillonvale store. I don't have any invertebrates so I'm not too worried about the coppersafe. It is a fish only tank.

kittykitty

I worked at the dillonvale store. I don't have any invertebrates so I'm not too worried about the coppersafe. It is a fish only tank.

cincyreefer

How long ago was this... I might just know you! :)
I just don't like copper. I feel it has many ill effects on fish, especially dwarf angels and tangs.

kittykitty

I worked at that craphole about 6 months ago. For some reason I get the feeling that you work at Aquatics and Exotics? If so, I think you're the guy I talked to when I bought my maroon clown about a week ago.
Anyway, my name is Sara.