Creating new 90G saltwater setup - Please advise:

xaflatoonx

kopczynski is right... lol ... I did edit it... i originally wanted a blue tang... and then i read up online and saw everyone getting flamed who tried to put one in a small tank... so i came back and edited my post... didnt wanna get beaten up! lol

xaflatoonx

base rock? so i can use base rock and put live rock on top? that works? i thought i needed 40 or so pounds of just live rock for the filteration...

xaflatoonx

man you guys are like the shaolin monk gurus and i am trying to sponge in all that i can here... thank you all so very much.

So here is the thing... i am so disappointed at the limitation of fish with a small tank that i am now looking to get a bigger tank. That just means more expense in terms of how much more rock/sand/coral/equipment i will need... this is such a messed up cycle i have gotten myself into.. LOL

xaflatoonx

yes sir - that is the plan. My list of equipment will probably change a little - will be back for confirmation then.
My biggest concern is the skimmer - they are so expensive.

jay0705

Ha ha ha, the fish in sw are unmatched in fw. However yes reef tanks look amazing. It takes alot of wrk to get them that way tho lol

xaflatoonx

very true...

by the way the description for feeding for a lot of corals and anemones say

Photosynthetic and Filter feeder

what does that mean?

jay0705

Ha ha ha I have both. But sw is my true addiction. Photosynthetic is where they use light for food. Such as plants. Filter feeders feed on micro organisims in the water.
In most tanks u wont have enough food for filter feeders so u spot feed them various stuff. Marine snow ect.

xaflatoonx

Got a new tank : )

super excited.

Its a 90 Gallon.

Allright guys - the game has changed... now i need to know which equipment will work with THIS size... lol

i am gonna be able to keep a blue tang - woohoooo!