Crimzy's football prayers

pontius

Detroit will never be good. never have been, never will be.
but when that maniac in Oakland fires Kiffen, that's the coach I'd jump on if I were them. he's beginning to turn that team around, despite what he has to work with. he's not that one that drafted JaMarcuss Russell, yet they expect him to win with that? I think he's a good coach. look at the coaches that Davis has fired that have gone on to have success with other teams.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Pontius
http:///forum/post/2767430
Detroit will never be good. never have been, never will be.
but when that maniac in Oakland fires Kiffen, that's the coach I'd jump on if I were them. he's beginning to turn that team around, despite what he has to work with. he's not that one that drafted JaMarcuss Russell, yet they expect him to win with that? I think he's a good coach. look at the coaches that Davis has fired that have gone on to have success with other teams.
Why not? Look at the pats, or the braves before the 90's. Or the angels, it could happen.

lion_crazz

Wow Crimz, the prayers were answered rather quickly!
This is the best thing to happen to Detroit since drafting Barry Sanders.

prime311

I wouldn't be so quick to jump on a coach who throws his coaches and management under the bus publicly. Whether its true or not, it shows his inexperience and its just something you don't do regardless of the situation.

hexedagain1

Until the Fords sell the Lions, it will just continue to be the same thing, just with a different package.
And back off of Parcells, we just got him. We can send him your way once we get turned around. LOL.

crimzy

Originally Posted by hexedagain1
http:///forum/post/2767523
Until the Fords sell the Lions, it will just continue to be the same thing, just with a different package.
Lots of people around here say this. But I don't necessarily agree. The biggest problem with the Lions ownership is their personnel decisions. They have shown that they are not hesitant to spend... they shelled out lots of $ for Ford Field, Matt Millen was the 2nd highest team president in the NFL.
There is no reason that the Lions can get this thing turned around. The NFL is set up for parody so every team has a shot. The only issue is finding the "sure thing" guy to replace Millen.

aquaknight

If Miami had another dissappointing week, you guys had a real shot at Parcells. However, after the slaughterfest of the Pats Sunday, especially going into a bye week, definitely some renewed energy down there.

pontius

Originally Posted by prime311
http:///forum/post/2767445
I wouldn't be so quick to jump on a coach who throws his coaches and management under the bus publicly. Whether its true or not, it shows his inexperience and its just something you don't do regardless of the situation.
are you talking about Kiffen? if so, I disagree. Al Davis is the worst owner in the league. refused to consider firing the DC even though it has been clear that there's a problem there. they throw together a patchwork defense of old players and that was supposed to be the answer? and look at their drafting. they drafted MICHAEL HUFF over Jay Cutler. now, I watched Cutler play for Vanderbilt for 4 years, I could've told them that this guy was going to be a star. but no, they wait til the following year and get JaMarcuss Russell!?!?! that pick alone set them back close to a decade. the only knockout pick they've made in the past decade is Darren McFadden, but even that remains to be seen. I think any gripe Kiffen has against Oakland's management is justified.
to Millen's credit, at least he got Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. put a young coach like Kiffen in there and make a few more good draft picks and they could improve.

prime311

Disagree if you want. As an HC you don't throw your coordinators under the bus. Its bad mojo, its stupid, its immature, and it accomplishes nothing but help divide an already divided team. Kiffin looks like hes part of the problem right now with his mouth and he can probably forget any chance of being a HC anywhere else in the near future because of it. You're crazy if you think any GM in the league is going to put up with a HC who's going to gripe publicly about his decisions.

pontius

Originally Posted by prime311
http:///forum/post/2767585
Disagree if you want. As an HC you don't throw your coordinators under the bus.
HC's fire coordinators all the time. is that "throwing them under the bus"? Kiffen wanted his DC fired (imo, justifiably) and went to the owner about it. instead of taking that into consideration, Davis refuses to do so and goes to the DC and tears a bigger rift in the staff. if a HC can't choose his assistants, then he can't coach. but given Al Davis' track record with coaches, I'll give Kiffen the benefit of the doubt anyday.

prime311

Its not about whether Kiffin is in the right or not about wanting the DC fired. Its that he went to the media about it. Thats going to put off any GM, you just don't do that sort of thing regardless of what your circumstances are.

hexedagain1

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2767531
Lots of people around here say this. But I don't necessarily agree. The biggest problem with the Lions ownership is their personnel decisions. They have shown that they are not hesitant to spend... they shelled out lots of $ for Ford Field, Matt Millen was the 2nd highest team president in the NFL.
There is no reason that the Lions can get this thing turned around. The NFL is set up for parody so every team has a shot. The only issue is finding the "sure thing" guy to replace Millen.
I think that if Millen was the second highest paid GM in the NFL that proves my point. Jr would do a better job running the team than Sr has done IMO.
My wife is a die hard Lions fan, so don't think I'm just a Dolphin fan talking trash. I pull for the Lions every Sunday just like you and my wife do, just not when they are playing the Dolphins.

crimzy

Originally Posted by hexedagain1
http:///forum/post/2767670
I think that if Millen was the second highest paid GM in the NFL that proves my point. Jr would do a better job running the team than Sr has done IMO.
My wife is a die hard Lions fan, so don't think I'm just a Dolphin fan talking trash. I pull for the Lions every Sunday just like you and my wife do, just not when they are playing the Dolphins.

Just keep in mind that my Lions are calling Bill Parcells as we speak and offering him a blank check, the keys to the city, Ford Motor Co. and probably their first born children to come here. Do you think that Parcells is that committed to Miami that he'll turn down all the jack that is about to be thrown at him?
Remember, Parcells contacted the Lions last off season about this position.

prime311

You'll have a better chance of luring Bill Cowher to be GM and Coach. He's rumored to be getting a shot in Cleveland though.