Crisis Please Help

juiced_rl

I just got home and my Condi anenome was stuck to my powerhead. I pulled his foot off but there is no more tentacles they are all over the tank. I have already started pulling my other fish and inverts out as well as the live rock. I only have a plastic bin that the LFS usually uses to catch the fish for my fish I have my crabs and shrimp seperate. I am having a tough time catching my Wrasse. I have already started preparing 10 gallons of new water and am going to pull out 20 total from my 55 gal. Any other advice would be greatly appriciated.

T

thomas712

Ok first bit of advice is this.
When you have what you consider is an emergancy posting, post it where it applys too. But place it where it will do the most good, for instance with this post I would have posted in the Clownfish/Anemone forum as well, I would have found it much sooner. If you post twice in two different forums, we can always delete one or merge the two threads together later, to get you information sooner.
Now you have a dieing anemone right?
Get the water change going, I'd say 20-30% depending on if you were able to remove the remains of the anemone soon enough and what your water chemistry is spiking at..ie ammonia, nitItes..
Get some fresh carbon to help filter the water. If you have access to a polyfilter use that as well.
Determin if you will need to get another water change ready.
Did you remove the anemone or do you think its going to make it?
Thomas

jedi

Get a net and get all the Tentacles that are floating around the tank.
Remove the Condi, and do a 20% water change today and tomorrow.
if the anemone is NOT dead, then the water will be fine, just remove the tentacles before they begin to decompose. laso, even if the Codi is not dead, it is going ot die. remove it.
Good Luck
Jedi

juiced_rl

Well I am pretty sure he was going to be dead so I disposed of him :( I was unable to get my wrasse out of the tank and I can not find him now I have no idea where he went. I changed 15 gallons of water last night and am going to buy an amonnia test kit this morning and check my readings. I am not doing any anenomes I am going to stick to fish. I will update when I have more info.

juiced_rl

Well the wrasse was not in the tank this morning from what I could see but he is out and about now.
Nitrate-0
Ammonia-maybe .15
I think I may have taken car of the issue I am going to go ahead and change out another ten gallons I had running over night last night and everything should be good. Thank you for the suggestions.

jedi

Glad to hear it all worked out well.
Anemones area great addition, you just need to make sure the tank conditions are ideal, and pick an anemone that doesn't move around as much as a Condi.
Try a long tentacle anemone. ( as long as you have proper lighting)
Jedi