Cutest Blenny Picture!

T

tiberius

This is my Starry Blenny I got last November. His name is Sky.

maxsmart

Originally Posted by ewetmill
Great Blenny shots. Here is mine.

Aww! A baby LMB! How cute!
Were any of the above Barnacle Blennies? Ours was very tiny when he died, I don't think they get very big though - I think I read something like 2 inches max. Aparently you can keep whole colonies of the things, they are completely non-aggressive towards each other and other blennies (not much choice on the latter - he was dwarfed by the other blennies!). Just one was adorable, I can't imagine how cute a whole rock full of them would be!

triggered

I wish I could have a blenny, as you can tell by my avitar, not a good idea. They are so cool, I would love to have a damsel too.....Oh well, maybe I will be able to have a smaller tank and have a couple cool little fish. Wish in one hand..............................
Peace......................C

bjoe23

I just picked up a LMB today! He is still kinda shy so i cant get a good picture.When i get ill post 1 later, heus kinda small

maxsmart

Originally Posted by bjoe23
I just picked up a LMB today! He is still kinda shy so i cant get a good picture.When i get ill post 1 later, heus kinda small
Congrats! They tend to be shy at first, but if you sit in front of the tank (as I'm sure you do anyway) he'll eventually become friendly with you and will come out front and perch right in front of you and look at you whenever you are there. Can't wait to see a pic! (Ours always are afraid of the camera, maybe I should leave it in front of the aquarium as well!)

big

Originally Posted by MaxSmart
Congrats! They tend to be shy at first, but if you sit in front of the tank (as I'm sure you do anyway) he'll eventually become friendly with you and will come out front and perch right in front of you and look at you whenever you are there. Can't wait to see a pic! (Ours always are afraid of the camera, maybe I should leave it in front of the aquarium as well!)

Yes the tend to be shy at forst but like you say the latter become a true poser!!! Here is "Benny" with his little buddy!

bjoe23

He is coming out a little more than yesterday. I see all little marks on the back of my tank were all the algae was that he ate. They are shaped liek his mouth

maxsmart

Originally Posted by bjoe23
He is coming out a little more than yesterday. I see all little marks on the back of my tank were all the algae was that he ate. They are shaped liek his mouth
Those are often referred to as "blenny kisses".

maxsmart

Originally Posted by big
Yes the tend to be shy at forst but like you say the latter become a true poser!!! Here is "Benny" with his little buddy!
Does the cleaner shrimp jump on the LMB and clean him? When our LMB was sick, I tried getting a cleaner since I read about them cleaning the gills of fish out. (the LMB had labored breathing) That was over a month ago, our LMB died and I still don't see the cleaner doing anything to the other 2 fish. Came close to the bicolor blenny twice that I saw, but if he did anything it was just one or two grabs. When we had crushed coral, the peppermint shrimp used to sit out front and they'd jump my hand whenever I was reaching in the tank, though they never did it to the fish as far as I know:

maxsmart

OK, I found mine, these were the only ones I took sorry they aren't great quality. For perspective, little Poseidon was about 1/4 inch wide.

maxsmart

The wife and I visited to Seattle aquarium, for anyone who hasn't been there, I strongly suggest you get there. (it whoops Chicago's in the tailfin!) We saw some lawnmower/algae blennies that looked just like our departed one.. it was so sad but we enjoyed seeing them anyway. Pictures to come once I get them from my wife's camera!

K

kikithemermaid

Originally Posted by MaxSmart
http:///forum/post/2532431
The wife and I visited to Seattle aquarium, for anyone who hasn't been there, I strongly suggest you get there. (it whoops Chicago's in the tailfin!)
Hey, I worked at the Shedd Aquarium for 5 years!

I'm sorry about your blenny, I saw pics he was so cute!

K

kikithemermaid

I have a bicolor blenny but as soon as he sees me enter the room with the camera he goes back to his hole in the rock.

keri

Originally Posted by reefmate75
http:///forum/post/2437884
thats amazeing! hes in a feather duster and it dosent shoot back in its tube??
I just noticed mine passing thru one of my hawaiian dusters several times today and it didn't seem to bother it (yet if I move too suddenly it shoots back in!)

maxsmart

Originally Posted by kikithemermaid
http:///forum/post/2532450
Hey, I worked at the Shedd Aquarium for 5 years!

I'm sorry about your blenny, I saw pics he was so cute!
Thanks, my wife seemed really sad when we saw the LMBs in the Seattle Aquarium... we both still miss him.
I mean to take nothing away from Shedd Aquarium in Chicago... I'm saying the Seattle one is that good! I've never seen an aquarium with a petting zoo before... (I was surprised they stocked it with Spiny Urchins and Cucumbers, too) It was like they took every idea from those "ultimate aquarium" websites and implemented each one! There's a huge glass tube weaving around one room with octopodi in it. Another room has a wave machine in it to simulate a shoreline reef.
Sorry, I promised pics, I'll get on my wife to send me them so we can post them!

rotarygeek

I really want a LMB but im not sure if he would survive in my tank. Can anybody tell me if he will live alongside a coral banded shrimp, a peppermint shrimp, 5 hermit crabs, a yellow tail damsel, and a clownfish all in a 4 month old 30 gallon? Lots of rocks for him to hide in, almost 60 pounds of it lol.

clownfish11

ya hed be fine...you might want to get htat damsel out of ur tank for the betterment of all ur tank inhabitants